Where To Tap Power For Electrical Accessories? 2019+ Ram 2500

btsbarton

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can tap power for electrical accessories on a 2019 2500 (Power Wagon)? I know these New trucks have pretty Advanced CANBUS electrical Systems and are particular about power loads. Unfortunately the power wagon doesn’t have the upfitter auxiliary power switches/wiring.

Looking for a ignition on power source as well as “always on” power source under the hood.
I’d also like to find an ignition-on source in the overhead console for dash cam.

thanks!!

Attachments

• 21C5D667-0BE2-4D72-8C69-A9F91D131BCC.jpeg
    21C5D667-0BE2-4D72-8C69-A9F91D131BCC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

brokenhorn

My son used these on his jeep. Found them on amazon. Fuse adapter
20abe7914005d56a4b155edb6b92c3bd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

btsbarton

Yes I am familiar with those. I am hoping to get a more specific answer for where (what specific fuses are good to tap, etc)

thanks

chet6.7

Explorer
If you don't tow that fuse should be available,it used to be always on,don't know if it still is.

rayra

Expedition Leader
barton, have you looked for / found the wiring diagrams for your vehicle? They should plainly show which circuits are hot and I don't believe there aren't at least a couple 'aux' circuits that are not already present.
Likewise there are typically some constant hot 'power ports' in most vehicles, which could be tapped into or expanded upon.
Too, you main 'power center' fuse panel array, typically under the hood, will have a couple hot terminals available.
Lastly it's very easy to add a new additional fuse panel directly connected to your battery and wired appropriately run whatever you please.

We have a huge subforum for solar & 12v power issues with all manner of electrical wirign and diagram info available and folks with a lot of experience there that can advise you

/and tell you your efforts will burn down your vehicle

CFMGarage

If this is anything like my 3500 you should be able to pop up the distribution block under the hood and access the 12v/USB/Inverter power source wires. Here's a youtube video from Ram that shows the location and this might match your wire colors as well. That should be a 20amp fused connection easily tapped for Accessory. I'd hook right to the battery for constant.

I know the link is about the snow plow, but the link takes you to the end where they show the wires you are looking for under the hood. This are most likely the same for your 2019.

For the console, I don't know yet. I am about to install a flip down monitor for the kids and I'm planning to just run an accessory and switched hot up the A-pillar rather than taping anything existing above the headliner.

If you do add additional circuits, you might also want to add an additional ground to the engine. RAM recommends this in their upfitter guide.

Hope this helps.

D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles