Where to Mount your GoPro for Off Roading / Adventureing / Overlanding

Land_Shark

Land_Shark
My brother and I had fun making this video to show some typical, and some not-so-typical places to mount a GoPro to/around your vehicle for interesting footage.

Last edited:

Kevin108

Explorer
Great video! I just skipped through it, but the camera was never in the same place twice. That's important! Too many people stick the camera in one spot and record an hour of a static shot. Yawn. A multitude of mounting points, plus getting a buddy/passenger/spotter to run ahead and record your forward progress from outside the vehicle, is how to produce an interesting, fun-to-watch video. (Clearly, you guys understand this already, I was just reiterating.) Oh yeah, and if you use your phone, USE LANDSCAPE MODE!

Land_Shark

Land_Shark
Great video! I just skipped through it, but the camera was never in the same place twice. That's important! Too many people stick the camera in one spot and record an hour of a static shot. Yawn. A multitude of mounting points, plus getting a buddy/passenger/spotter to run ahead and record your forward progress from outside the vehicle, is how to produce an interesting, fun-to-watch video. (Clearly, you guys understand this already, I was just reiterating.) Oh yeah, and if you use your phone, USE LANDSCAPE MODE!

Nice tutorial.

Thanks! This was a lot of fun to make. Even putting just a little extra effort into how you film with the GoPro can pay huge dividends when making a video.

Butch1979

Family Adventurer
Thanks for the tips! It's always good to take some time and get a different perspective on video and photography angles.

Butch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier