where to get an ARB for my 94 SR

94monster

Observer
Anyone know a good source for a Genuine Montero/Pajero ARB winch Bar? I know there are lots of options out there to make something fit I just like the look of the ARB bar that was designed for it.... If not then I will probably get an ORfab bumper for an XJ Cherokee....

Thanks!!

ca18_sean

Adventurer
I believe ARB discontinued it... so unless you find someone (probably in Australia) that has one sitting on a shelf somewhere, I think you're outta luck.

My truck came with a grand cherokee ZJ ARB bumper on it and I think it matches pretty nicely.

DSC04584.jpg

off-roader

Expedition Leader
The bumpers are not available any longer. in fact they may not have ever been due to our use of air bags in the early 90's.

that said, other models are the right width and just need a bit of modification to the mount or a mount adapter made.

94monster

Observer
Kinda the story i was gathering by trying various suppliers.... Just thought maybe someone might "know a guy"....

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
I have a used TJM non bullbar bumper for an early 4runner, complete with lights and a set of KC daylighters for sale. Should fit the montero well.

Last edited:

skinzluch

Adventurer
I bought mine from from 4x4Connection in 2009. I don't think they were available much longer after that. From what I remember there was no issue with the airbags but there was an a small issue with the North American-market frame on the Montero. I had to take my truck to a fabricator to get a couple of parts ground off the frame. Then the bumper fit perfectly. Just something to be aware of, if you find one in Australia.

P1070343.JPG

94monster

Observer
I have a used TJM non bullbar bumper for an early 4runner, complete with lights and a set of KC daylighters for sale. Should fit the montero well.

Definitely looking for a winch bar with some grill/radiator protection... thanks though :)

Trying hard to justify the ARB bar for a ZJ but I could get the OR-fab bar and almost get a winch for the same money...

Here is the OR fab bumper

Attachments

• 83240_2.jpg
    83240_2.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 28

ca18_sean

Adventurer

Since 94monster isn't interested, could you PM me details. I've been looking for a bumper for my 1st gen 4runner :)

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
I believe ARB discontinued it... so unless you find someone (probably in Australia) that has one sitting on a shelf somewhere, I think you're outta luck.

My truck came with a grand cherokee ZJ ARB bumper on it and I think it matches pretty nicely.

DSC04584.jpg

Can you take a few pictures of the mounting points/brackets?

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
Maybe find a RalliArt Montero in the salvage yard? I like their bumpers, good for nerfing your friends :rally_guys:

DSC_0030.jpg

This truck cuddles really hard...

ca18_sean

Adventurer
Can you take a few pictures of the mounting points/brackets?

Kind of hard to see... but there's a metal box that holds my winch. Then the shell of the ARB bolts to this box. I'll see if I can dig up more pics. I saw some in an old thread on 4x4wire.

IMG_0727_zps115242d9.jpg

off-roader

Expedition Leader
As you can see with Sneaky Ninja's setup, it is possible to fit a winch within the confines of the rig by mounting it between the frame rails. You may need to relocate some of the things down there though but having done that, you can then go with a lower profile bumper and reduce the lost clearance of a big massive bumper like the ARB's TJM's, ECB's, etc..

It's what I would have done different had I to do it all over again. As it currently stands my winch sits on top of my bumper and extends past the front of the rig by ~7-8" and I could have had the bumper nearly flush with the grill (by chopping and revising the frame rail ends/aka frame horns).

HTH.

VanHans

I bought mine from from 4x4Connection in 2009. I don't think they were available much longer after that. From what I remember there was no issue with the airbags but there was an a small issue with the North American-market frame on the Montero. I had to take my truck to a fabricator to get a couple of parts ground off the frame. Then the bumper fit perfectly. Just something to be aware of, if you find one in Australia.

View attachment 148057

I'm trying to gather information for my 95 SR. Do you happen to have a part number for the bumper? I've found a couple of part numbers, and I'm not sure what the difference is.

Also, did you only need to mod the frame or were any changes needed on the bumper?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles