Where to buy Montero 5x transfer case switches in the USA?

RoverFan

Hey everyone, I have a 2001 Montero (fullsize) Limited that is throwing Code 33 for the Transfercase Position Switch 2. I have owned a few Monteros, all Gen 3s, but this is the first I have had with this issue. The switch sets are all over the internet for around $40-50, but that seems too cheap for the parts to be any good. I have found ONE US listing for a Genuine Mitsubishi set at $300+. Not trying to play Goldilocks, but that also seems expensive for simple pressure switches.

Are the cheap switches reliable? If not, does anyone have any US dealers they would suggest ordering through? The US-based Mitsubishi parts websites I have found via google do not recognize any of the part numbers MR580151, MR580152, MR580153, MR580154, MR580155.

evomaki

Observer
How hard is it to access this switch location? If not too terrible, just use the cheap stuff. I think most of those on-line domestic Mitsu parts houses are associated with a dealer. One dealer is RC Hill. I'm sure it will be $300. You can always try Partsouq.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior