Where to begin?

Cochise02

2012 Jeep wrangled Apex edition (sold)
IMG_0953 (1).jpgIMG_0952 (1).jpgIMG_0954 (1).jpgIMG_0955 (1).jpg

Tow vehicle is a 2017 JKU with 4.56 gears. Trailer is currently on 31's with a 2 inch ball. Not real sure about the scissor jack the front. Thinking about doing same jacks on front as on back. End game is a RTT, lid, tailgate and kayaks. Im thinking telescoping rack for travel. Should I sandblast, or can i clean it then put chemical on it? Not looking to do extreme off-road or anything, but we do like to get to some remote areas. Several of you guys and gals have awesome trailers, this is my first one. Any input would be appreciated! Have a great day

Farpolemiddle

Cut that front scissor jack off and just bolt on this one with wheels. It rotates out of the way and will be a easy install. also the wheel allows you to move the trailer around if you get stuck. There is a lighter rated one that could work but only goes 21" high compared to this at 28" As far as the light rust I would just wire brush to with and angle grinder and POR 15 it.

JoshN

Observer
I have 2 tongue jacks on the back and one up front. Makes it easy to level the trailer. Hell I can pick the trailer up off the ground if I need to. They can all be stowed by swinging them up out of the way or just removing altogether since they attach with hitch pins. Looks like you have a similar thing going on, but a better tongue jack up front would be beneficial for you.

billiebob

Smaller pictures might get a better response, They take forever to load.

But these are my favourite leveling, stabilizing "jacks"

20171205_131506.jpeg

Plus a good tongue jack, I just installed this FastWay Flip Jack
absolutely love it

IMG_0698.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles