Where is your first aid kit mounted?

Jnich77

Director of Adventure Management Operations
I recently put a first aid kit in my truck and it took me a bit to decide where I wanted to mount it. Since my truck always seem to have stuff crammed inside (people, groceries, stroller, random boxes, TA-50) putting it in the storage bin under the back seat was a no-go. Behind the rear sear makes it inaccesaable most of the time. Inside the the center console would have worked, but that would take up a lot of valuable space.

I decided on the back of the drivers side head rest. Easily accessible, never gets obstructed, and surprisingly out of the way of everything. 30 seconds and four zip ties later and it was mounted.

The contents are in two zip lock bags. Each one contains the basics for hemmorage control. It's how I have packed my aid bag for many years, so I figure it will work here as well.

20200101_103333_HDR~2.jpg20200101_103339~2.jpg

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I have different bags for each kit but, they all ride in the same place in all my vehicles, hung behind the drivers seat from drivers seat headrest. Been carrying it that way for over 30 years in every patrol car, narc car, tac car, SOG vehicle, RV, off-road vehicle creates muscle memory and doesn’t get crap loaded on top of it. Cheers!

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
I recently put a first aid kit in my truck and it took me a bit to decide where I wanted to mount it. Since my truck always seem to have stuff crammed inside (people, groceries, stroller, random boxes, TA-50) putting it in the storage bin under the back seat was a no-go. Behind the rear sear makes it inaccesaable most of the time. Inside the the center console would have worked, but that would take up a lot of valuable space.

I decided on the back of the drivers side head rest. Easily accessible, never gets obstructed, and surprisingly out of the way of everything. 30 seconds and four zip ties later and it was mounted.

The contents are in two zip lock bags. Each one contains the basics for hemmorage control. It's how I have packed my aid bag for many years, so I figure it will work here as well.
I hope you can remove it while parking your vehicle (you mention zip ties so probably not). That is an invite for someone to smash your windows and grab what looks like a quality bit of kit (and contents).

Jnich77

I hope you can remove it while parking your vehicle (you mention zip ties so probably not). That is invite for someone to smash your windows and grab what looks like a quality bit of kit (and contents).
While I can see the reason for concern...with 15% tint over the factory tint... there is really no seeing in the back windows ;-)

I got black to it blends in and who honestly looks at the back of a headrest when casing a vehicle...lol.

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
While I can see the reason for concern...with 15% tint over the factory tint... there is really no seeing in the back windows ;-)

I got black to it blends in and who honestly looks at the back of a headrest when casing a vehicle...lol.
People who might be interested in stealing something? People often put their laptops etc. on the rear seat, so I don't see why a thief would somehow not look due to 15 percent tint.
And it looks like from the angles it can also be spotted from the passenger-side window.

I mean, even if the kit was worth only $10, it would still be an invite for someone to smash or attempt to smash a window. I guess you could "camouflage" it to look like a trash bag with, say, McD trash. Then no one would think it was worth stealing.

Jnich77

People who might be interested in stealing something? People often put their laptops etc. on the rear seat, so I don't see why a thief would somehow not look due to 15 percent tint.
And it looks like from the angles it can also be spotted from the passenger-side window.

I mean, even if the kit was worth only $10, it would still be an invite for someone to smash or attempt to smash a window. I guess you could "camouflage" it to look like a trash bag with, say, McD trash. Then no one would think it was worth stealing.
Lol... It would take someone pretty clever to see it... You literailly can't see in my rear windows.

20200101_103807~2.jpg

Pilat

Tossing ewoks on Titan
Not even by putting your face to the window and shielding it with your hands (like anyone does trying to look inside windows during the day?

Anyway, you can see it from the passenger window and even from the front because it is so high up. I also think you might be able to see it from the driver-side window.

Jnich77

Not even by putting your face to the window and shielding it with your hands (like anyone does trying to look inside windows during the day?

Anyway, you can see it from the passenger window and even from the front because it is so high up. I also think you might be able to see it from the driver-side window.

Dude...nobody is putting that much effort to look in my truck...lol. It spends most of it's time in either my garage or a very secure parking lot at my office. It doesn't go to foreign countries or crappy neighborhoods.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
with 15% tint over the factory tint... there is really no seeing in the back windows ;-)

Don't be so sure. I was in San Francisco for Christmas, parked on the first level of underground parking in a nice hotel in an upscale part of town (you could walk to Diane Feinstein's home in about 12 minutes). Went down to the garage on Saturday morning and two SUVs on my level had their rear windows blown out and vehicle contents stolen. Both SUVs had dark tint on all the rear windows. Sad part is that the hotel has security cameras and got the perps on video, but SFPD couldn't be bothered to come and view the video because this type of crime is so common and the perps, if caught and convicted, would probably do no prison time.

billiebob

My Uncle drove a government issued Jeep in Europe
Lol... It would take someone pretty clever to see it... You literailly can't see in my rear windows.
I hear you can buy an app to find, locate anything with a bluetooth signal. Which thiefs now use to find all those toys with a bluetooth signal. I hear it identifies exactly what the toy is and can even locate it, front seat, back seat, ..... are there any toys sold today which do not auto load/download with bluetooth?

Airmapper

High-Tech Redneck
Xterra's came with first aid kits integrated into the rear cargo door panel. (The straps in the photo hold it in, I had it removed there as I had that panel off.)

So I keep my boo-boo kit there.

I have a small trauma kit in the drivers side door pocket.

Jnich77

I hear you can buy an app to find, locate anything with a bluetooth signal. Which thiefs now use to find all those toys with a bluetooth signal. I hear it identifies exactly what the toy is and can even locate it, front seat, back seat, ..... are there any toys sold today which do not auto load/download with bluetooth?
With the exception of my phone and the Sync 3 stuff in my dash, I don't have any Bluetooth toys.