Where is the stamped VIN nr on a jk Wrangler

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Hi from Sweden

Due to inspection soon, I have to find some real stamped VIN nr on my 2013 Wrangler.

Stickers will not do

The frame is covered with rust protection, dont find anything there. Dont want to remove all my rust protection to look for it

The floors maybe stamped somewhere?

Any other places You know

Pictures will be the best for locations:)

Will be very happy for some help:)

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
European Wranglers have it on the side of the chassis. Check for it near the front bumper. It should be visible for inspections so usually it's not behind the wheels or any mounts.

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Maybe here on my 4 door?

164018501.jpg

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
There should be one on the front part of the top of the dash, a metal data tag with the VIN on it riveted to the top of the dash. If that is not there I would question why it's gone as all jeeps I've ever seen including those exported have the same VIN tag but maybe there is something different in Sweden. I drove a four door JKU in Russia earlier this year and the VIN tag was on the dash. Other than that it will be stamped into the chassis in various places. In your picture you are correct there is one there.

This picture is from my jeep, so you are correct in the general area. The body mount you see to the left of the white box (my redacted VIN number) is almost in line with the handle of the front passenger side door. I can only assume but would say it's a pretty safe bet that between that body mount bracket and that hole in the frame is a stamped VIN.

ReconH3

Heavy Duty Adventurer
In europe body stamped ViNs aren't considered valid unless it's a unibody like XJ, ZJ, WJ, etc. The chassis number is the only valid one. Unfortunately in the older Wranglers the etching was very faint and over time would rust out. If you sprayed protectant on the chassis you may have a very hard time finding it.

Omar Brannstrom

Adventurer
Hi

I have a metal data tag in the dash but that is not valid here for inspection because it can easely be altered.

When Wranglers are shipped from US to Holland I think then they are shipped to Göteborg harbour in Sweden and every wrangler are then rustprotected at the harbour and then the chassinr is covered.

I have heard on the 2016 wranglers in Sweden the numbers can bee seen even when they have got the rust proctection over them, but not on my 2013.

I have got several pictures now, so now I now where to look for it, thanks for pictures.

I think other countries will follow Sweden/Europe that only stamped VIN numbers will be allowed and not metal data tags, and many will get in to trouble when it is time for inspection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior