Where is everyone getting their cans

Water cans. 2 LCI molded cans arrived at my house today. 2 days from order until arrival. Look good

http://www.buylci.com/ItemDisplayF....t-Tan--5-gal--5-gal&ItemID=906396#description

$51.98 for the pair delivered.

Good for you.

I placed an order for 2 about 4 days ago and it took 2 days before they took the money from my checking account. Now, I am waiting and have not gotten any email confirmation from them. So, I don't know if mine has been shipped or not.

Did you get an email confirmation that yours had shipped? Before you got them?

e06b7701cd31eb00f75205fe719ef7ae.jpg

$56 after tax. $49 before tax. Just picked up a red one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. Nice. Maybe you can be helping some people in the US to buy it and ship it to them. You guys are lucky to have these in Home Depot there.

plh

Explorer
Good for you.

I placed an order for 2 about 4 days ago and it took 2 days before they took the money from my checking account. Now, I am waiting and have not gotten any email confirmation from them. So, I don't know if mine has been shipped or not.

Did you get an email confirmation that yours had shipped? Before you got them?

Yea, not any communication back on the order at all. The cans just showed up. Kind-of a weird website ordering process.

Wow. Nice. Maybe you can be helping some people in the US to buy it and ship it to them. You guys are lucky to have these in Home Depot there.

I would have to find out how much shipping would cost to see if it would be worth while, and I guess, depends how badly you want them.

I would have to find out how much shipping would cost to see if it would be worth while, and I guess, depends how badly you want them.

home depot address:
1450 Regent street
Fredricton, NB.
Canada E3C 0A4 ... (thats a zero in the zip code not an ooohhh)
this link below will help people get their own quotes ......and to help them understand the costs involved in shipping from canada CAN be(depending on where in the usa its going) as much as the cost of purchasing the mfc :Wow1: and wait there still the brokerage fees (if purchasing directly online) and duty fees :Wow1: ...
*note* fwiw so your not surprized and disappointed add 10% to the shipping quote and 4 days to the delivery time read the fine print on the site as its only an estimate subject to change.

https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e1s1

Scepter Military Fuel Can
Physical Characteristics:
Capacity, will hold: 5 G / 20 L
Height: 18.5"/47 cm
Length: 14"/35 cm
Width: 6.5"/16cm
Weight: 5.8 lbs./2.6 kg

even at the extremely low $50cdn +12%tax home depot price. A realistic landed in usa total cost is going to be around $80-$90 usd minimum and thats with someone doing the purchase pick up box it and drop off at the post office for free. its a cdn dollar not a peso. average cdn to usd x rate 80% for 2015 and 90% for 2014 97% for 2013 par for 2012
the 100 to 125 usd that these routinely sell for in the us isnt nearly as marked up as most think.

Last edited:

rayra

Expedition Leader
bowtie cease sending me PMs, I do not want to be involved in your illicit shenanigans.

bowtie cease sending me PMs, I do not want to be involved in your illicit shenanigans.
Oddly you point the finger at me and speak of hypocrisy when in reality you yourself wreak of hypocrisy. Your accusing me of breaking laws, but in fact you are the one promoting breaking usa & even cdn laws as well as worldwide dangerous goods transportation laws by promoting the dumb idea of gas in a water container. All i was trying to do is inform you exactly why its unsafe. fuel cans and their specific "Antistatic Properties & Treatments". All you've done in your posts is break even expedition portal rules by your name calling and accusations. i sent a PM so as not to embarass you in your foolish ideas and offer you something that is safer and smarter. I thought you couldnt afford it as you complained about the costs of them so i then decided to offer it private for free to promote to you a safer dangerous goods transportation container. rayra your a very stubborn guy!
I sell (here are a few pics of some) PRE C.A.R.B. BAN DATED "january 2007" fully legal for sale in California and the lower 48 states Scepter mfcs in Red. Before you accuse people of breaking your countries laws know your facts as I do.
new c.a.r.b. gas can restriction laws came into effect as of july 1st 2007

Attachments

• IMG_7299.jpg
    IMG_7299.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7301.jpg
    IMG_7301.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2218.jpg
    IMG_2218.jpg
    533.5 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
They also sell the long vented nozzle. That was the critical part I was missing as I had an older green decommissioned plastic jerry from the military.

rayra

Expedition Leader
Here's a couple more HDPE-2 containers, including the red cherry on top -

Antifreeze, ethylene glycol, while not corrosive is certainly toxic, yet it's in HDPE-2

HDPEcoolant_zpsxhfpaumz.jpg

And a simple 2gal CARB-Approved fuel container, manufactured by Scepter, for home / automotive use.

HDPEscepter2gal_zps9inibi1i.jpg
HDPEscepter2galbottom_zps05jv1klk.jpg

I finally got my scepter water Jerry cans. That website is very interesting in its ways. I never got any confirmation or tracking number about my order. It tok about 7 days from the day I made the payment to the day I received it. I never got any confirmation or tracking number about my purchase. Weird, if you ask me But what I bought got to me in perfect condition. So, I am happy with it. It is as solid as the fuel cans I have that I bought in Canada while on a vacation trip there.

Here are pics.

tI4U2gK.jpg

FgVVy7X.jpg

vH8Bdgx.jpg

2asHK1P.jpg

pHzqwAu.jpg

FBIcQUv.jpg

mccustomize

Explorer
Just found 2 water cans locally at a surplus store for 19.95/each

So I now have 3 water cans and 4 fuel cans, I will hunt one more water can just to even things up, then I'm going to get an extra water can cap to make a simple faucet.

Anyone interested in some of these cans? I'd be willing to go buy a bunch and ship them from Canada. With the current exchange rate this could be a pretty good deal for US buyers. PM me if interested.

Sent from my Pathfinder

tetsuo69

Anyone interested in some of these cans? I'd be willing to go buy a bunch and ship them from Canada. With the current exchange rate this could be a pretty good deal for US buyers. PM me if interested.

Sent from my Pathfinder

Back from the dead: Anyone in Canada know if Home Depot still has the MFC's in store? Couldn't find them online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles