Where did the thread on camera remotes go?

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I just posted to the thread on camera remote shutter releases and now it appears to be gone?? What's up with that?

Last edited:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Anyway the OP of that thread was looking for a good remote for long exposure nighttime shots. This is what recently picked up that has the features and quality he was looking for. It's programmable.

Hahnel Giga T Pro 2.4GHz Wireless Timer Remote and I really like it so far.

Product Highlights

* 100 Meter Range for Wireless Control
* Self-Timer
* Interval Timer
* Exposure Count Setting
* Exposure Length Setting
* Through-Wall Transmission
* Shutter Release Button With Autofocus
* Single & Continuous Shooting
* Bulb Mode
* LCD Display With Backlighting

Hahnel Wireless Remote

ywen

Explorer
how's the battery life on that thing? If doing an overnight time lapse sequence.. I assume the battery on that trigger remote is constantly running? Not that it wouldn't run on a wired trigger, but I would think the wireless adds more strain on battery?

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I don't know yet. The receiver uses a CR123 Lithium battery that should be pretty beefy. The remote transmitter has a smaller internal battery that I have not seen yet, it may even be little button type batteries based on the size. I'll have to check it out.

The remote powers it's self off after just a few seconds of non use. I am guessing it may also do that when programed for interval timed shots and wake it self up for each shot and then go back to sleep.

As I learn more about it and get more experience I'll let ya know.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
No worries. I just re-posted the new remote I am playing with in this thread since it seems to do everything you were looking for in a remote. :sombrero:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
i'm still curious regarding the benefit of it being wireless, other than self portraits

For just night shots a cable remote is fine. Many times I want to be in the scene and randomly capture the moment.

Here are a couple from my parent's 95th birthday last weekend with my sisters.

i-b3JT6cK-L.jpg

i-59qctDL-L.jpg

I don't want cables from a remote to be scene so the wireless works better for this type of shooting.

I know, the light over the table is slanted. Hey, they are 95, it's expected.:sombrero:

Or backpacking a couple weeks ago cooking Brats over the fire.

1104_lemmon%20creek_021-L.jpg

1104_lemmon%20creek_031-L.jpg

Last edited:

ywen

Explorer
gotcha.. if the wireless trigger works fine as a timed trigger release, then I suppose it's all good.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
gotcha.. if the wireless trigger works fine as a timed trigger release, then I suppose it's all good.

Yep, these were not timed, just manually triggered. but this one does do timed interval triggering if that is what you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles