Where can I shoot?

Photobug

Speaking of dry fire practice, I recently picked up a LaserHit system. I like it. Helps practice drawing and getting that ever-critical first shot off. Going off the target's scale, I'm 99% center mass from 7-10yds. I don't have a shot timer, but I'd say I'm likely under 2 seconds. Slow, but consistent. Speed will come.

I was using a snap cap to dry fire but got a G-sight same as the and am able to keep my group to about 2" at 15 feet. It is good to know I can hit something because the one day I tried shooting my 9mm at the range did not go so well. I was happily blasting away at a 25' and 25 yard targets thinking I was getting all shots in the black because I could not see my rounds. When I out to inspect my targets, I managed to pierce the paper once at 25' and managed two at 25 yards nowhere near the black. It was pretty disheartening, in retrospect I think firing the .22 and teaching my wife how to fire it for 2 hours in freezing temperatures did not help my performance.

Considering I was using rounds I had to mail order at a huge premium I have not shot the gun with ammo since. I have since managed to get some more ammo locally at a more reasonable price.

Photobug

We have quite the mess where I live, in North Idaho.

Its a Washington/Idaho border town. Laws on each side are about as differing as you will find.
Firearms are certainly a big one. As is marijuana.

I might have gone through your town this past summer. I took a trip to Sandpoint and drove all around the region. I like it up there.

jadmt

ignore button user
I was using a snap cap to dry fire but got a G-sight same as the and am able to keep my group to about 2" at 15 feet. It is good to know I can hit something because the one day I tried shooting my 9mm at the range did not go so well. I was happily blasting away at a 25' and 25 yard targets thinking I was getting all shots in the black because I could not see my rounds. When I out to inspect my targets, I managed to pierce the paper once at 25' and managed two at 25 yards nowhere near the black. It was pretty disheartening, in retrospect I think firing the .22 and teaching my wife how to fire it for 2 hours in freezing temperatures did not help my performance.

Considering I was using rounds I had to mail order at a huge premium I have not shot the gun with ammo since. I have since managed to get some more ammo locally at a more reasonable price.
take a small orange piece of tape and put in the center of the target it will help you focus. Some 9's are easier to shoot than others. I have a G34 that actually shoots itself it is like shooting a 22. This target was with a G42 which is like crazy accurate for a pea shooter. these were the first rounds down the barrel at 7-10 yards. I was fairly drunk tho so i have an excuse. in fact I was so drunk I forgot it at the range.

Photobug

take a small orange piece of tape and put in the center of the target it will help you focus.

I will give that a try. I am definitely struggling with vision problems. Up till a few years ago I had better than normal vision but my eyes have aged out of that. I can choose to have the sights or the target in focus.

15 feet with the laser in the home. FIgure I might do okay at the "falling plate" event at my range tomorrow.
Screenshot_20210218-123322_G-Sight LTP.jpg

Here is our newest toy. I went to the local gun shop to look at .22 pistols for my wife. When the salesman realized he did not have what we were looking for he put this in my wife's hand saying "this is a fun toy to own." After fitted with a red dot sight, my wife was hooked and we came home with a mini AR.20210217_200406.jpg

Matt.H

Adventurer
We have quite the mess where I live, in North Idaho.

Its a Washington/Idaho border town. Laws on each side are about as differing as you will find.
Firearms are certainly a big one.

Exactly. I got my first permit there 30 years ago. It almost intolerable living that close to the border. So much beauty and restricted by an 'imaginary line'? to the east and a definite one to the north. Living inside the panhandle must be worse.

Last edited:

jadmt

ignore button user
I will give that a try. I am definitely struggling with vision problems. Up till a few years ago I had better than normal vision but my eyes have aged out of that. I can choose to have the sights or the target in focus.

15 feet with the laser in the home. FIgure I might do okay at the "falling plate" event at my range tomorrow.
View attachment 643197

Here is our newest toy. I went to the local gun shop to look at .22 pistols for my wife. When the salesman realized he did not have what we were looking for he put this in my wife's hand saying "this is a fun toy to own." After fitted with a red dot sight, my wife was hooked and we came home with a mini AR.View attachment 643198
I don’t think anyone can have both sights and target in focus. I was trained to have blade in focus and target blurry or if close range just instinctively shoot without using sights. Practice on multiple targets as fast as you can getting target acquisition look at target before moving gun is most effective but if you are too drunk everything is blurry. Shoot with both eyes open

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles