Where are you now? OFFICIAL MAYA RALLY In Progress thread!

Enrique Vega

In Laredo and spent the day working on getting phone service in Mexico. Ponce and I will be getting our vehicle paperwork approved tomorrow and will meet up with Ross in the evening. If all goes well, we may just cross the border on Sunday.

Here's a photo at Lake Casa Blanca State Park. Quite and nice camping...
P1030883.jpg

MossMan

Adventurer
I'm still on the Natchez and really enjoying the ride. Here are a couple of photos...

Natchez Trace Parkway Bridge crossing the Tennessee River at milepost 330
View attachment 133902

1st night roughing it with camper at Meriwether Lewis campground on the Natchez Trace Parkway. Battery power & propane only. Very quite with only the sounds of coyotes hauling at the full moon.
View attachment 133903

Just before the moonrise at Tishomingo State Park, Natchez Trace Parkway.
View attachment 133904

Loving overlanding at this time!

Beautiful

Cody1771

Explorer
my heart just sank a bit, really wish i was down there with you guys! althought i will be in Puerto Villarta on the 15th

The Rover Shop

Explorer
We will be in Laredo tonight.. May be joining Ross etc to cross the border tomorrow and take a leisurely 2 days to get to Guanajuato while its light on the 11th..

kbeefy

Adventurer
Camping in Etzatlan tonight, campground owner Bonnie told us she has seen two previous maya rally rigs.

ffdawson

Go Somewhere!
View attachment 132996

Team 34 is leaving Phoenix today, after mechanical delays, and trying to make the Mexicali crossing tonight. Anybody in northern Baja tonight?

Hey!! Im pretty sure i saw you in Guererro Negro on Thurs the 29th. We are at the Carnitas Michoacan next to the pemex out by the Salt Mines. We were in a silver 08 Tacoma loaded down with surfboards. I saw your rig cruise by, and pointed and waved like a dork because i saw the Maya Rally stickers... You were headed west through town...

kbeefy

Adventurer
Guanajuato!

kbeefy.blogspot.com/2012/12/guanajuato-and-mexican-spider-monkey.html

Last edited:

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
WE JUST ARRIVED TOO! Totally exhausted but really happy. 1700 km in 2 days...good thing you can drive fast here...

:)

my heart just sank a bit, really wish i was down there with you guys! althought i will be in Puerto Villarta on the 15th

Hi Cody:

Are you going to be in Vallarta itself, or nearby? We're going to be in Guayabitos a few days after that through boxing day, then returning to San Miguel de Allende.

John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke