where are the Porsche cayenne expo builds?

Cayenne-958-TDI

Expedition Portal just published an article that has our Cayenne in the lead photo.
The 2020 Alcan 5000 Rally was our second winter Alcan rally. Mercedes Lilienthal and her husband Andy competed with us this winter and wrote "Arctic Adventures: Rallying the 2020 Alcan 5000 Rally" The Alcan rally series has become so popular that the summer 2022 event is fully subscribed with even the wait list closed. There is still some room for dual sport bikes.
If you have not tried rally it is a fun sport we do with our Cayenne in addition to our off-road adventures.

marcantoine77

Observer
For Sale in Espagne
de0585d633d0ad36d196c996310518c1.jpg
a926eb29d2a2ff5ff8656c1ccf3bcb70.jpg
b376fe22c7721c5d785a19d4dc621580.jpg
49861030518e031636cb0a6952f79f98.jpg
014e517a2c546c8fcca00d539970e405.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G977B en utilisant Tapatalk

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
I wonder what size RTT that is. I was just about to ask if anyone is running a RTT on their cayenne. I want to put one on mine and will source some 20" wheels for the tires I plan to put on this thing:

Looking at IKamper and Autohome. Thinking no bigger than 55" wide. Cayenne roofs aren't exactly boxy and wide.

embreeville7-sm.jpg

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
I absolutely loved my Autohome Columbus (medium), but it'd be a bit wide for the CTT. Excellent Italian quality.
iKamper has come out with some nice innovations.

Lovetheworld

Do you guys know if a 2004 model 955 Cayenne, Turbo V8, came with the rear tyre carrier and the rock slider steps, it is likeley one of those versions with the offroad goodies sich as PDCC and rear diff lock?
I'm guessing I need to physically go there and check for the rear difflock.
Pretty high mileage, so 4x4 might not even operate anymore.

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
Do you guys know if a 2004 model 955 Cayenne, Turbo V8, came with the rear tyre carrier and the rock slider steps, it is likeley one of those versions with the offroad goodies sich as PDCC and rear diff lock?
I'm guessing I need to physically go there and check for the rear difflock.
Pretty high mileage, so 4x4 might not even operate anymore.

PDCC wasn't available until 2011. However there were offroad packages I think in the 957s and not the 955s. It came with disconnecting swaybar links and rock sliders (not true sliders but better than a lower rocker panel on a reg cayenne). Diff lock also was not available until 2011 with PTV+. You might be able to add in an air or e locker somehow.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
PDCC wasn't available until 2011. However there were offroad packages I think in the 957s and not the 955s. It came with disconnecting swaybar links and rock sliders (not true sliders but better than a lower rocker panel on a reg cayenne). Diff lock also was not available until 2011 with PTV+. You might be able to add in an air or e locker somehow.

955's and 957's had offroad packages, as well as center diff lock and optional rear diff lock (before the 958's PTV+ option which as you mention has a rear diff lock);

Lovetheworld

Thanks, those links give some extra tips to identify. Especially the fuses are a good one I think, when asked remotely.
The one I told about is probably sold already. And the original rear tyre carrier was broken at the latch. But it may have been interesting if it was the offroad one with all the options.

There is another car, one of many, but it has a nice picture of the bottom. With the rear diff clearly visible in the picture. Is that round thingy on the side of the diff the difflock motor?

Picture number 6 of this one:
https://www.autoscout24.nl/aanbod/p...-e053-e250040a2715?cldtidx=8&cldtsrc=listPage

It is of a soda can dimension and it comes with wires sticking out. The ad also says the axle can be locked.
So then we have a picture of what it looks like, not only the description.
This one is a bit pricy for its age, but it it received a new engine at some point.

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
955's and 957's had offroad packages, as well as center diff lock and optional rear diff lock (before the 958's PTV+ option which as you mention has a rear diff lock);

Good to know! I bet if you found one without the locker it might be able to be retrofitted. I am about to ask the dealer tomorrow if that is possible in mine for PTV+ I know somethings would be hard to add after the fact but I do think that could be a possible add for the GTS.

DirtWhiskey

Western Dirt Rat

PDCC was added to the 957 in 2008. Gotta watch for the magic silver barrel selector. They also had a nearly equivalent sway bar disconnect system on the 955. Never ever seen one on the used market though. Look for the magic tippy car logo on the barrel switch.

Lovetheworld

This is the picture of the earlier ad. I think this must be the rear difflock option on a 955?

Attachments

• Porsche Cayenne Difflock (2).jpg
    Porsche Cayenne Difflock (2).jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 44

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles