where are the Porsche cayenne expo builds?

Matthew Wells

So, this modification may not seem very exciting, but it cures many issues for us while overlanding. We always get annoyed shuffling things around to get to what we want. The Cayenne is not an overly large vehicle and even with the pelican case on the roof, we still get it pretty full for a 4-6 day trip. With that in mind, we decided to build a drawer system. Our requirements were to have two drawers, a space for a cooler and a space for a 16 gallon water tank.

The top drawer is 7"h-18"w-26"l and the bottom drawer is 7"h-18"w-32"l. The drawer backs are angled to use space right up until the angle of the seat back in front of them. The cooler cubby fits a YETI Tundra 45 cooler.

These are our results:

attachment.php

The "40" section of the rear 60/40 seats was removed (seat bottom and back). Also, some of the carpeting and foam had to be cut so that the section containing the water tank could extend level from the rear.

attachment.php

The top of the water tank's home has a latched door so that it can be accessed. This is to fill and also to attach a strap around the tank which then attaches to the factory steel loops that the seat cushion locked into. This section also has a ledge around to help position and retain items. I think I'm going to add some recessed attachment points for securing gear as well.

attachment.php

Our daughter still has plenty of room and the rear vents, cupholders, etc are not affected. The seat position is in my memory position which is very far back and all the way tilted down and back.

attachment.php

The drivers side retains some storage in the rear footwell area and back under part of the water tank. The spout for the water tank will be mounted on this side as well, but that isn't installed yet.

attachment.php

I'm going to add "wings" that will extend the top level to the sides, following the interior panels. Also a similar "wing" will be added to the front section which will extend to the rear driver side door.

Overall, this will allow us to access things quickly and easily without moving a lot around. It should make trips more enjoyable and that's the number one priority!:smiley_drive:

smithh

Wow - loving the draw system Matthew. Thats really nicely done. There is some thought that has gone into that.

marcantoine77 - I'm lucky that the GTS came with a rear locker fitted. Where did the light bar come from? It looks like it bolts straight into the T section roof rails. Did you need to drill the roof to run the electrics?

overlandcayenne

Very nice work Matt!

I did something similar, but without the water storage. I pulled it out for the time being as mine wasn't implemented as well as yours; I am currently in the conceptual phase for an organized storage solution.

marcantoine77

Observer
Wow - loving the draw system Matthew. Thats really nicely done. There is some thought that has gone into that.

marcantoine77 - I'm lucky that the GTS came with a rear locker fitted. Where did the light bar come from? It looks like it bolts straight into the T section roof rails. Did you need to drill the roof to run the electrics?
Hello Smithh

The Transsyberia ramp comes from Porsche Weissach in Germany
The ramp is compatible but it is necessary to pierce the roof for the electrical part

6a00bb263693a60c54cd7b028ff38782.jpg
7e8dd0cea27394d710df49cc53773a0c.jpg
8b86e3a3ddb002ab4deed4e10ac0e6c6.jpg
60bd78f6656c2a770235efd66773bd2a.jpg
4b2b1eba7bc77018e3bc4632837729b3.jpg
f0e84b1c6871ff5c8e0884e1694de33c.jpg

Last edited:

dr_r2r

Observer
Very nice storage Matt! I'm so jealous of your set up Marcantoine. On the other hand, I was able to install my cheapy roof lights. Unfortunately, I would have to reposition it. The wind noise is just ridiculous.....

IMG_2687.jpg
IMG_2682.JPG
IMG_2674.jpg
IMG_2691.JPG

marcantoine77

Observer
So, this modification may not seem very exciting, but it cures many issues for us while overlanding. We always get annoyed shuffling things around to get to what we want. The Cayenne is not an overly large vehicle and even with the pelican case on the roof, we still get it pretty full for a 4-6 day trip. With that in mind, we decided to build a drawer system. Our requirements were to have two drawers, a space for a cooler and a space for a 16 gallon water tank.

The top drawer is 7"h-18"w-26"l and the bottom drawer is 7"h-18"w-32"l. The drawer backs are angled to use space right up until the angle of the seat back in front of them. The cooler cubby fits a YETI Tundra 45 cooler.

These are our results:

attachment.php

The "40" section of the rear 60/40 seats was removed (seat bottom and back). Also, some of the carpeting and foam had to be cut so that the section containing the water tank could extend level from the rear.

attachment.php

The top of the water tank's home has a latched door so that it can be accessed. This is to fill and also to attach a strap around the tank which then attaches to the factory steel loops that the seat cushion locked into. This section also has a ledge around to help position and retain items. I think I'm going to add some recessed attachment points for securing gear as well.

attachment.php

Our daughter still has plenty of room and the rear vents, cupholders, etc are not affected. The seat position is in my memory position which is very far back and all the way tilted down and back.

attachment.php

The drivers side retains some storage in the rear footwell area and back under part of the water tank. The spout for the water tank will be mounted on this side as well, but that isn't installed yet.

attachment.php

I'm going to add "wings" that will extend the top level to the sides, following the interior panels. Also a similar "wing" will be added to the front section which will extend to the rear driver side door.

Overall, this will allow us to access things quickly and easily without moving a lot around. It should make trips more enjoyable and that's the number one priority!:smiley_drive:
C'est génial great Job !!

Envoyé de mon SM-N910F en utilisant Tapatalk

marcantoine77

Observer
The rally Trannsyberia in 2006 2 private cars won the rally Moscow to Oulan Baror

Home made Lightbar and Porsche Cayenne 955 S 2006 with full Off Road Package

Great machine
024a83eee01309da281fe050bd78dc89.jpg
21fe744e031ed5e738f6aa3cf55eee49.jpg
deb0557f4a70b06fdd6f5315ef4e3b29.jpg
9aeccc9f369514ce5d3c0786f2a2eebf.jpg

marcantoine77

Observer
Very nice storage Matt! I'm so jealous of your set up Marcantoine. On the other hand, I was able to install my cheapy roof lights. Unfortunately, I would have to reposition it. The wind noise is just ridiculous.....

View attachment 402139
View attachment 402140
View attachment 402141
View attachment 402142
Your cayenne in full black is beautiful,

The only problem with the ramp of the transsyberia is that it is no longer possible to put a maggiolina.

( sorry for my English )

Last edited:

dr_r2r

Observer
IMG_1410.JPG

Yes it has a small rooftop because of the sloping back. No worries though, I can sleep inside the cayenne with a regular sized cot ;)

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Cayenne

I had thought about a drawer system but I felt it would not be space efficient in such a small area. instead of a cooler I use a 25 qt Dometic fridge and have an ArkPak as my second battery.

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20160811_092926095_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160811_092926095_HDR.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 62

smithh

Hello Smithh

The Transsyberia ramp comes from Porsche Weissach in Germany
The ramp is compatible but it is necessary to pierce the roof for the electrical part

Hi - thanks for the info, it looks really neat, I'm a little nervous to cut the roof, but its got to be on the list of jobs to do in the future. Your looks very cool and nicely done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles