where are the Porsche cayenne expo builds?

Cole

Expedition Leader
Sorry, but there is no such thing as a "base model" Porsche within a 1,000 miles of my zip code. Around here, those are called Touaregs.

You seem to be lost. "Expedition" isn't about staying in your zip code, or any place that has a zip code for that matter.

You have failed again to read the thread, and even the post you quoted. Nobody said anything about "base modles" the 17-18"' fit many Turbos and non "base" Cayennes.

Why troll a thread if you don't have anything to add bit snarky atempts at insults for those of us interested in these cars?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Not quite true. I have a 2013 base model with standard 6sd transmission .

Attachments

• IMG_20141001_082143_605.jpg
    IMG_20141001_082143_605.jpg
    519.8 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Teflon

Observer
This thread inspired me to do a search on Cars.com, where I found this.

I was on the way to look at a Turbo and was driving through a small Texas town and a small local dealer had the gray one that I bought. A little more mileage than I had originally planned, and a base 6 cylinder car, but I also paid roughly 1/3rd the asking price for the Turbo. There are some bargains out there although I am sure that we are going to find some entertaining maintenance stories as these cars get older.

Last edited:

Cole

Expedition Leader
There are already several guys north of 300k miles on early Turbos with no more than the few normal Cayenne issues
( which aren't many)

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
My RTT is going to be delivered this afternoon for my 2013 BASE model Cayenne. Next up is a mild lift, removal of the back seat and to figure out to mount some driving lights.

Teflon

Observer
There are already several guys north of 300k miles on early Turbos with no more than the few normal Cayenne issues
( which aren't many)

My new-to-me Cayenne has 134,000 miles on it. I was going to cap the mileage for prospective vehicles at 100K (plenty of nice Cayennes out there with that sort or lower miles) but it looks really, really nice. Clearly the interior has held up better than a comparable Land Rover, for instance, which is my personal point of reference. I haven't had the time to figure out all the quirks but other than sticky sensors on the rear hatch and the parking brake everything works fine.

Oh, and I can't figure out how to reload the travel data into the GPS. East coast is pretty useless for me out here in Texas. Any thoughts? Reading the manual (you MUST get all the manuals for these things!) I get the impression that once the proper data disk is inserted it should read it but that's not happening. Any thoughts?

Box Rocket

My RTT is going to be delivered this afternoon for my 2013 BASE model Cayenne. Next up is a mild lift, removal of the back seat and to figure out to mount some driving lights.

Mike, did your tent show up yesterday? Just wanted to check and make sure everything worked out and see if you had any questions.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
My 2013 BASE model Porsche Cayenne

Some mods to my Cayenne. Behind the front seats is an Engle 17qt fridge and Yeti soft cooler, front runner water bladder. In the rear cargo area is a Dometic 25 fridge, Ark Pak , Lift Trax , 5lb C02 tank , two Alu boxes.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 695
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 110
  • 006(2) (1).jpg
    006(2) (1).jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 700
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 114
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 107
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 96

Bandit9

Observer
Is it possible to "lock" in place the ride height on the air suspension equipped models? Looking at 2004-2008 Turbos. I don't want it to lower it'self bc I plan to put 33" to 34" tires on it. If I could find an actual 2.5" to 3" suspension lift kit, then I would prefer the non air suspension model.

How did that spacer lift work out? I have a spacer type lift on my Tundra and the extra preload killed the ride quality for everyday driving. So I would prefer a full suspension lift.

Cole

Expedition Leader
Couple of options.

1. Some of the lowering modules allow you to lock out the ride height to run the Cayenne lowered. I'm sure you could lock it out at the higher settings too.

2. When the on board air hose is plugged into the front of the passenger seat it locks out the suspension. Some company on eBay was selling a piece that you could just plug in to the air chuck to do this. Creates an error code on the dash though.

3. Guys have had success with the Durametric scan tool. Reprogramming the ride height to lower the car. Same could be done to raise it.

4. Use adjustable links on the suspension sensors to gain trick it into thinking its at a difference height. They make "lowering links" for this purpose. Just adjust them the other way.

5. Sawzall!!

Bandit9

Observer
Thanks, if I can't lift it, and keep it lifted, then I can't purchase it. I'm just a researching fool right now. I really want one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior