where are the Porsche cayenne expo builds?

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Arnott makes replacement parts for or a coil replacement for the older year models of the Cayenne. I bought a 1.5" spacer lift from a company in Germany. I have not installed it yet. I am still trying to find out if there is a way to do a speedo correction for a larger tire.

meanjoegreene

Yep.

Hence my question. Because the bags are easy to source. FWIW, springs usually last much longer than struts.

If I switch to coil, I won't be running an Arnott kit. I'll retro a Bilstein heavy duty shock.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Either way the Arnott only does replacement kits for stock ride height for older year model Cayennes

meanjoegreene

Am I the only one in this thread that knows the difference between a strut and a spring (or air bag in this case)?

I'm not sure how else I can say it.

meanjoegreene

I can't find replacement air struts for these things for the life of me. Bags, yes. Struts, no. And if you have ever priced the OEM ones... Outrageous is an understatement.

Note: "For the life of me" tacitly states I spent a long time searching. Hence a question on a forum.

But if you are going to get upset that I posted I know about the air bag offerings 4 times then get a little frustrated so post a smart *** retort, there's not much I can do to alleviate that.

Jwestpro

Explorer
back on topic! those cayenne's were made for that trans-siberian rally a few years back. all of them can't still be in russia; if youexpand your search to europe and actually russia I think you will have more luck. After that rally I do believe some of them actually went on tour to various dealerships you may get lucky and one may be in the states. As for that last coment about lexus

Sweet well integrated bumper for the LX. Who makes that? Would be incredible on that type of vehicle in aluminum.

Jwestpro

Explorer
Am I the only one in this thread that knows the difference between a strut and a spring (or air bag in this case)?

I'm not sure how else I can say it.

Well, in the front it's all one thing/integrated, thus why it's called a "strut" right?

So yes, Arnott makes the whole replacement item...

Teflon

Observer
Good to see there is some discussion still going on here. I picked up a gray basic early Cayenne about a week ago and so far I have been very, very impressed. One thing that I did discover is that I got onto one of our more notorious heavily-potholed oil field roads that has a speed limit of 20 and a practical cruising speed of about 12-15 or so. The Cayenne with the center diff locked was very comfortable at about 48 and would have done more like 55 if I hadn't been worried about finding a killer pothole out there.

I am thinking that it's going to be a pretty good auto to take into Mexico in a few months. We have a toll road between Nuevo Laredo and Monterrey, and a gray Porsche shouldn't be high on the local cartel's most wanted list.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Um...or you can run the stock 17-18" wheels. Doesn't seem like you have read the thread.

Sorry, but there is no such thing as a "base model" Porsche within a 1,000 miles of my zip code. Around here, those are called Touaregs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior