where are the Porsche cayenne expo builds?

Mr. Merk

What are you guys using for replacement batteries?

I really like the Odyssey Extreme batteries that I have in my other vehicles. They only have an H8 Performance (not H9) with 850CCA & 80Ah but they spec a Group 49 which has 950 CCA & 94Ah

For reference:

The original battery specifies 110Ah, but the superceeded part number is only 95Ah

The PC1500 Extreme that fits my GMC truck has 850CCA & 68Ah.

The Bosch Wet H9 has 850cca & 110Ah

The Bosch H9 AGM has 950CCA & 105Ah

The Interstate wet H9 has 850cca & 110Ah

Interstate H9 AGM has 950cca & 100Ah

The Bosch H9 AGM seems to be the obvious choice.

dreadlocks

I just put the OEM battery back in it, make sure you reset the onboard charger w/a diagnostics tool.. it ages out the battery and will undercharge your new one unless told it has a new battery. Apparently there's a secret switch for Porsche's that enables battery protection, normally its off.

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I just put the OEM battery back in it, make sure you reset the onboard charger w/a diagnostics tool.. it ages out the battery and will undercharge your new one unless told it has a new battery. Apparently there's a secret switch for Porsche's that enables battery protection, normally its off.
My Cayenne has an automatic battery cutoff. When I shut off the cra the outlets stay active for 20 minutes then they shut off . Nice when charging a phone or running my fridge .

Cayenne-958-TDI

mep-1811 -
We too enjoy the power after turning the engine off - particularly for a driveway radio moment.
dreadlocks -
Is the battery protection switch manual or software?
-
We tried to install a traditional dual battery system but deferred to a stand alone auxiliary battery. Went with a National Luna battery box with a marine Northstar Group 31. This with our solar panel has worked for us on 2+ week adventures. We plug the fridge into the CDs outlet when driving and the Aux battery in camp.
Considering changing to a lithium-ion battery set up to save weight and gain space.

dreadlocks

Q7 has an onboard DC charger that ages out the battery, Kinda thought you guys would have it too since it seems like its trying to avoid overcharging battery stored under the driver.. which would prevent outgassing or acid fumes.. When I put a new battery in the voltage @ the outlets was 12.6v, then I plugged my diag computer in and put in a new battery serial number and suddenly the voltage jumped up to 14.2v @ outlets.. Mine will still shut everything off to prevent discharging the battery, infact I was amazed to learn (unfortunately after the fact) that on my vehicle the battery was covered under the drivetrain warranty and was not a consumable part like on most vehicles.. guess they protect the user from ************** it up so well they actually cover it.

LFP is not suitable for a starter battery, drop in-LFP's will give you like 100-200A output max.. that aint enough for starter duty.. if you want to downsize and save weight, look at a little Deka AGM.. my VR6 Turbo starts just fine off a ETX-30L, fit that somewhere else and turn the stock battery location into your house battery.

Mr. Merk

Just scoured the battery rack at work (Mercedes-Benz) and found A0009821808 which has the exact dimensions of an H9 Battery. 950CCA and 105Ah. My employee price is about $305+tax. They come with a two year full replacement warranty.

They said it's a new part they just started stocking for some of our new 2020 models.

There isn't a Pep Boys within tow hours or I'd probably pick up a Bosch AGM

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
mep-1811 -
We too enjoy the power after turning the engine off - particularly for a driveway radio moment.
dreadlocks -
Is the battery protection switch manual or software?
-
We tried to install a traditional dual battery system but deferred to a stand alone auxiliary battery. Went with a National Luna battery box with a marine Northstar Group 31. This with our solar panel has worked for us on 2+ week adventures. We plug the fridge into the CDs outlet when driving and the Aux battery in camp.
Considering changing to a lithium-ion battery set up to save weight and gain space.
There is a switch under the seat. I use an Ark Pak with a National Luna intelligent solenoid. I ran a pigtail from the main battery that plugs into the solenoid. IMG_20190802_172253917.jpgIMG_20190802_172445692.jpgIMG_20190802_172508345.jpg

Cayenne-958-TDI

Dreadlocks -
Would not use the LFP as the main (underseat) battery, that would remain stock.
We would like to use LFP for our aux battery to power the fridge, electronics, inverter, etc. The LFP would not be connected to the Cayenne's electrical system.
This would be part of a larger project to remove the rear seats. Then using the seat rails or the hard points mount an auxiliary diesel fuel tank. Would also use the space gained to reconfigure electrics, storage, and sleeping.
Just in the planning / thought stage. First need to find out how living with a pre-fix diesel is in a post fix world.

dr_r2r

Observer
I prefer to just bring my Goal Zero and leave all electrical in stock configuration except for the roof lights.
61425466_10218948071116557_1733714818055012352_n.jpg

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
I need new tires and the cjoices are limited since the General Grabbers are no longer made. Looks like I'm going to try these.
BFGOODRICH
ALL TERRAIN T/A KO2
LT255 /55 R18 109R

Not crazy about the LT designation and lack of a speed rating.

dreadlocks

they have a speed rating, 109R.. R is the speed rating, which 106mph.. mine are S rated in 17 which is 112mph.

Your not going to find any truck tires with high speed ratings tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz