where are the Porsche cayenne expo builds?

Happycoop

Observer
Just curious how much drain your fan causes on the battery. Do you have it running only occasionally, or do you leave it running at night while you're sleeping in the vehicle? This is the exact setup I'm planning on with my Cayenne so I'm eager to hear about your experiences with it. I'm only 5'4" so I could make a shorter cot work, but I've yet to see a "kids" cot or similar.

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
My lightbar experiment did nor work out. The license plate mount tot he car could not handle the weight and vibration of the light bar and one side broke off. Back to the drawing board.

Tiki

Observer
For those interested user @laid_out_phaeton on Instagram is sporting a cayenne with 33" toyos.

marcantoine77

Observer
hello
I ordered a Wiessach Germany the ramp of the Transsyberia for my 955 , I'll install this Wednesday
( sorry for my bad English)

886aa79739a7e15daf8f12fe757cfeeb.jpg
172ed839e02961efc063111e097135dc.jpg
e1c34c4809e5c88d10db72ae8571510c.jpg

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Nice hella setup. If you get HID installed on those, it will make the LED lightbars look like childrens Toys. You could mount the ballasts on the underside of the bar. Hella aux. lights take HID quite well.

marcantoine77

Observer
Nice hella setup. If you get HID installed on those, it will make the LED lightbars look like childrens Toys. You could mount the ballasts on the underside of the bar. Hella aux. lights take HID quite well.

Merci !!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

MetalDog

Observer
why aren't there any Porsche cayenne builds? I know there no g500 but for 10K less money on average I am really considering one for a base rig to build. there seems to some nice stock attributes for a expo rig.

opinions?
:bowdown:

Here you go, I saw this at NW Overland event in WA state two years ago. I have a Landcruiser 200, a 15' G550 and 16' Cayenne GTS. Honestly, the Landcruiser and G550 are in a different class for overlanding than the Cayenne.

IMG_5236.jpg

Happycoop

Observer
Anyone have experience running a 265/65 R18 on the steel spring suspension? I've read tons of reviews, but most (on Cayenne as well as the Touaregs) seem to focus on those with the airlift suspension. I'm just wondering if I can comfortably run the 265/65/18 with no lift, or if I need to go down to a 60 series to give some wiggle room. No extreme off-road planned, just fire roads, light trails, and beach riding.

On a similar note, are there certain tire places that will mount a tire as a test? I don't mind ordering a set of tires, but if they don't fit I'd really rather not have to deal with selling them off to get a size smaller.

Separate subject - I bought and installed the Curt 13220 hitch, which has a 600 lb tongue and 6000 lb tow rating. Slightly less rated when compared to the Porsche hitch, but then I paid all of $135 shipped to my front door. The install seems complex, but once you get into it, really isn't that bad. The only part that is frustrating is cutting out the slot for the hitch to stick through the bumper cover. I used a dremel grinding tool and took my time. The hole I cut is probably half the size of most I've seen, but the end result is a factory appearance.

Last edited:

mep1811

Gentleman Adventurer
Nice. Were you able to recalibrate the speedometer with the larger tires? No computer issues?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior