Where are the G-wagen Overlanders going this Memorial Day Weekend?

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
I'm planning a short trip into the Eureka Valley, to camp out at the Dunes before the Death Valley turns into a furnace in a few weeks. This trip should be very relaxed, with great photo opportunities along the route. Taking the adventure trailer up through the Steel Pass to the Marble Bath, a must be stop for all G-wagen pilots......and later down towards the Hot Springs - playing it by ear

Where are the other G-wagen pilots heading out for?

4449631.jpg

Marble Bath Guru

4449632.jpg

Iron Deposits

Scott Brady

Founder
have a good time Karl. Stephanie will be taking our G-Wagen to Starbucks today and testing out the new cup holders :sombrero:

Scott Brady

Founder
LOL! You are finding the serious weakness of the 463. Do Germans just not drink anything? :friday:

I am not real happy with the solution, but we used a Tuffy center console cupholder bracket and mounted it on the passenger side of the G console. It works great, but doesn't look as clean/factory as I would like. However, my bride is a happy girl- no drama on the Starbucks runs!

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
LOL! You are finding the serious weakness of the 463. Do Germans just not drink anything? :friday:

Sorry Charlie......

we do not had Seven-Elevens, no 32 oz drinking cups......coffee was served at home......not doing make up's, eating a burrito or sipping on a chai-tea-non-fat-latte.....while doing 127.3 mph on the Autobahn.:smiley_drive:

Scott Brady

Founder
HA!

I expected as much. I am sure the German engineers just roll their eyes at the obscure requirement of the North American consumer :D

zimm

Expedition Leader

I am not real happy with the solution, but we used a Tuffy center console cupholder bracket and mounted it on the passenger side of the G console. It works great, but doesn't look as clean/factory as I would like. However, my bride is a happy girl- no drama on the Starbucks runs!

dude. you should have seen at my first dunkin' doghnuts run...

i got my cup of coffee, making a right hand turn and the phone rings. i put the coffee down grab the phone, then i realize its just sitting there while im turning off camber in traffic... grab coffee, drop phone, (dude screaming "zimm zimm") almost take out 3 cars...

i just had a complete brain lock. i havent owned a car without a cup holder since the 76 firebird formula 350 in high school.

i dont know what to do.

i was thinking of modding it where the ashtray is, but i found i can hide a smith j-frame under it, so i wanna keep that.

mine has 3 pop out cassette holder to the right of the radio. i notice some rigs have in dash pop out holders. (i think older fj 80's?) i was gonna scrounge one of those and get to cuttin maybe.

m635dude

Observer
Hey Zimm,

Here's a pic of the aftermarket cup holder in mine. It works really great except when I have a tall cup and need to go in reverse. I know your dash layout is newer, not really sure if you'd have space for something like this. Just a thought.

DSC01636.jpg

Scott Brady

Founder
The "cup holder" caper. It is a serious issue!

***We have to complain about something on these excellent truck:costumed-smiley-007

zimm

Expedition Leader
off topic....

scott....

are you planning on heading into the jungle for 3 months?

i was reading the awning article... and look like youre up 60 pounds... :)

Scott Brady

Founder
off topic....

scott....

are you planning on heading into the jungle for 3 months?

i was reading the awning article... and look like youre up 60 pounds... :)

LOL. Adventure shirts make me look fat. . .

Actually, I am down about 20 lbs. just hitting 226 this morning - feeling good, and ready for 2 months across eastern Europe, the Stans' and then Russia/Mongolia. Good times.

zimm

Expedition Leader
a friend of mine, (a vice chancellor at Pitt), is heading back to khazakhhhhstaaaan for a few weeks. UPMC is going to open a hospital there. she likes the place but she didnt think the borat movie was that far off of reality though. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles