Where are the G-wagen Overlanders going this Memorial Day Weekend?

davidkroberts

you know a roll of duct tape works great as a cup holder. the semi sticky side keeps it from sliding around and the middle is the perfect size for any regular drink..... we do it on military vehicles, no cup holders in them either. used it in my unimog 404 with no problems even offroad.

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
Getting slowly back to the topic.......

Here are some of the pictures taking on our adventure G-wagen trip into the Death Valley National Park.

Yes we were towing the Adventure Horizon Trailer through all the obstacles we could manage to find. What a perfect set-up, great meals supported by dual fridges - the freshest fruit and the coldest beer. We could live kosher like this for a long time:sombrero:

http://www.featheredlens.com/Travel/DeathValley/12425691_F2kmr#889308824_YKTeY

Mike Serpe

Observer
good for the G

you know a roll of duct tape works great as a cup holder. the semi sticky side keeps it from sliding around and the middle is the perfect size for any regular drink..... we do it on military vehicles, no cup holders in them either. used it in my unimog 404 with no problems even offroad.

If its good in the bumpy 404 its good in the G!

KANZ

Hi,

you guys are quite humorous. Maybe I have a solution for your cup holder problem. In my 1997 Land Cruiser is one build in the center of the dashboard, which doesn’t need much space and works fine as long I don't race around the corners.

Best wishes,
Harald

Attachments

• cup-holder.JPG
    cup-holder.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 18

tomchalasinski

how to handle a fix to operate my passenger side seat

My 2002 G 500 front pass seat is not movingin any direction
What to do to fix the problem

Fernweh

Supporting Sponsor
My 2002 G 500 front pass seat is not movingin any direction
What to do to fix the problem

Most the time it is a seat switch problem.......the seat control is a digital system. The switches, with all their position controls, are sending digital data to the seat ECU which then moves the seat into the desired position.
If those switches get compromised by dirt/dust, the data transmitted is not correct anymore and the seat's movement will become very erratic or they might not move at all.

You can try to clean those switches, need to take them apart completely (carefully not to break the many small plastic tabs) in order to get to the tiny micro switches and spray them heavily with contact cleaner ar so.

I only have succeeded partially with that while other had better luck. In the end I'll buy a new one but seal it tightly with silicon before its installation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles