Where are the '05 Power Wagons?

Zorro

Adventurer
I've been browsing the forum for a bit, looking through the 400 pages of fullsizes ... and very few older Power Wagons (well, older of the newer variant, not the OG). What gives? On paper they seem perfect, are they that unreliable? I only recently noticed the '05s were dirt cheap, hoping a clean one shows up locally eventually.

Explorerinil

Observer
They are 15 years old now, you don’t see allot of them, plus the 05 was the first year of the modern power wagon, there wasn’t allot produced that model year.

forged rims, 4:56 gears, soft springs, lockers, winch, forged hitch reciever for dragging across rocks and a few other parts I am missing, but that was a damn good year for the power wagon.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Yes it sure was. Even a regcab manual as I recall.
I see the old forged pw rims for sale occasionally. I guess guys like Method's or AEV's anymore. I'm not a fan of the Transformer chrome and black ones out there nowadays.

Explorerinil

Observer
I see the old forged pw rims for sale occasionally. I guess guys like Method's or AEV's anymore. I'm not a fan of the Transformer chrome and black ones out there nowadays.
Yes those 05 rims were very good, forged lightweight aluminum, if I find a decent set I may pick them up and powder coat them black.

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
They only made the manual PW in small numbers from 05-08. they only made the regular cab in small numbers for about the same time frame. If you found a regular cab manual Power Wagon, buy it, they exist but are a true unicorn. It took me months to find a manual quad cab. Oddly enough, I have never come across a 2005 in a manual in my searches.

Gummee

wannabe traveler
I have a ersatz PW: PO ordered a hemi 5sp 4dr 2500 SLT in 04 that I bought just as the virus kerfuffle started

Need to Carli the bad boy and go back to 17s (from the 20s on there now)

4.10/4.11 gears and an LSD aren't lockers, etc but hey! those things are fixable.

M

rugitis

A 2008 just became available in my area; forgot that they were that old and I've started eyeing them honestly.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
If you go that route and vintage, I have a new PS pump ported for PSC ram assist, which was a huge improvement...

dfinn

Adventurer
I've been shopping as well and see a few of the older ones for sale. The research I've done so far is telling me that I want a '14 or newer though, apparently that is when they fixed the front end issues. Anyone else confirm that?

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I've been shopping as well and see a few of the older ones for sale. The research I've done so far is telling me that I want a '14 or newer though, apparently that is when they fixed the front end issues. Anyone else confirm that?
Here's a '14 or newer on for sale.... :sick:

power wagon.jpg
$_59.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles