Where are good places to buy cable, wire, lugs, crimping tools, heat-shrink, bus bars, bus bar covers, main fuses, DC panels, AC panels, and so on?

MTVR

Scanning the web, but I don't know a good retailer from a bad one.

Don't really feel like taking my chances with bargain products off Ebay or Amazon, for something safety-related like this...

reaver

Scanning the web, but I don't know a good retailer from a bad one.

Don't really feel like taking my chances with bargain products off Ebay or Amazon, for something safety-related like this...
I get that, and totally get where you're coming from. I bought all mine off of Amazon. If you buy marine grade connectors, they should be good. Marine grade has a glue inside the heat shrink that creates a waterproof connection.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I'm an ebay junky, so it all came, piece meal, from various ebay sellers.
At least from ebay you know exactly who you are dealing with.

Some sellers I can recommend...

gregs marine, for tinned lugs, adhesive lined heat shrink, etc

BuyAutoSupply for bulk packs of small diameter double wall adhesive heat shrink

ACDCwiresupply for primary (small) and battery cable (large) wire needs, as well as lugs (not tinned as I recall though)

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
I use a hydraulic crimper tool from Harbor Freight for cable lugs. It has various dies for different gauge cable. Maybe $60 regular price, you can do better if you catch it on sale. Paid for itself the first time I used it...

Edit: HF's "marine grade" heat shrink is excellent, it has the gooey stuff inside that keeps moisture out. Equal in quality to the expensive stuff as far as I can tell.

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
I use a set of snap on stripper/crimpers for small stuff but these from NAPA look identical and are far cheaper:

For medium sized crimping jobs I use this style:

acolic

Hi

I actually pick my stuff off of marine stores. Usually good quality stuff at decent prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlipperFla

The marine connectors, shrink tubing, lugs and tinned wire the other posts are talking about is made by a company named ANCOR. Panels, buss bars, fuse blocks, distribution block .....Blue Seas System. IMO bulletproof
West Marine (expensive)
Hodges Marine
Defender Catalog
Another great product is Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor by CRC. Spray this on connectors, battery terminals, bulb bases and sockets, anything electric you want to waterproof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles