When your seatbelt locks up and won't extend . . .

I have been working on building out my 2000 Ford Excursion for overlanding. While removing the entire interior I learned a valuable lesson: Don't let the seatbelts fully retract as you take them out. It is best to place a binder clip on the seatbelt well before it retracts too far. Once fully retracted I could not get the seat belts to extend at all. I watched several Youtube videos about how to bust open the seatbelts for a DYI repair but I really did not feel comfortable establishing my learning curve on the piece of safety equipment coming in direct contact with my kids. I got in contact with Sergey at SeatBelt Safety Restore in MA. Sergey was super helpful. Even though it was clear to him that I was pretty clueless about the mechanics of the seatbelt and could have charged me a fistful of money to fix them, he facetimed with me to walk me through how to disengage the lock. The seatbelt has to be lined up perfectly perpendicular and the belt will slide out easily. That's it!!!! No need to pop open the side and release the tension on the ball bearing or anything.

If you have a problem with your seatbelt or airbag, you may wish to give these guys a call first.

(855) 552-7233

NOTE: A local shop was going to charge my $60/seatbelt after looking at them. Sergey saved me some money.

Scotty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier