Whelen Amber LED light bar, made in USA!

shmabs

Explorer
Sold.

Greetings folks,

I have a whelen traffic advisor LED light bar that I modified to use as an amber dust/fog/visibility light. Originally, this was a warning light bar for LE uses, I removed the red and blue flashers, cut down the housing and wired all the amber LED's to stay on steady. I cut down the housing to the proper width for the 6 remaining LED's and re-installed them just like whelen did, utilizing the factory retention clips and end caps. Light bar is about 23x2x2. The aluminum housing has two moveable bolts on the back side for mounting. My original plan was to mount this on the interior of my xterra pointing out the back window, or possibly on the roof rack facing back, but its been sitting around for a few months now and I just don't see myself getting to this project before I move again.

Whelen Engineering makes some really nice stuff for the law enforcement/emergency services crowd, and is made right here in the good old usa!

Local pickup in north county San Diego, 92127 is preferred. Asking $50

I'm always interested in trades, I really need the wheel lifting adapter for my high lift, or who knows what else. email at porko53@hotmail.com is your best bet for getting in touch with me in a timely fashion.

Mike

Last edited:

shmabs

Explorer
Sorry for the delay folks! I had an rather "all of a sudden" transfer with job to northern CA and I am still getting settled in an unpacked. Lightbar is still for sale, I'm working with someone who has been emailing me about trying to ship it via UPS, but the very small town I moved to doesn't have a UPS store.

PLH, are the person who emailed me and has a UPS account?

Mike

plh

Explorer
Sorry for the delay folks! I had an rather "all of a sudden" transfer with job to northern CA and I am still getting settled in an unpacked. Lightbar is still for sale, I'm working with someone who has been emailing me about trying to ship it via UPS, but the very small town I moved to doesn't have a UPS store.

PLH, are the person who emailed me and has a UPS account?

Mike

Yes, Thanks Mike. Paul

badfysh

Adventurer
So I shouldn't expect our trade to go through?

Ok, then I'm selling a hi-lift wheel adapter if anyone is interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles