Wheeler's Sumperbumps vs Durobumps

cr500taco

Adventurer
I've been wanting to get the Wheelers Superbumps, but came across the Durobumps. I have read nothing but good things about the Superbumps and people really like them. Also, have read nothing but good things about the Durobumps. Just wondering if anyone knows the difference between the two?

owyheerat

Adventurer
I've been wanting to get the Wheelers Superbumps, but came across the Durobumps. I have read nothing but good things about the Superbumps and people really like them. Also, have read nothing but good things about the Durobumps. Just wondering if anyone knows the difference between the two?

I almost installed Wheelers superbumps on my 99 4runner, but instead went with Durobumps and am so glad I did. I think the Durobumps are higher quality, better rubber, better engineered and most importantly (imo), the fronts are made with an angled bottom. That when compressed, makes full contact with frame member. In my research, there were quite a few complaints that the Wheelers Superbumps contact the frame at an angle, so only a small portion of the bump stops is taking the force of impact. And some guys noted premature failure due to this. I hope that makes sense.

I installed both front and rear, and have had them on for about 5k hard offroad miles and I am very happy with them. They far out perform the stock bump stops. Washboard roads are now tolerable...

Good luck with decision.

Durwin

cr500taco

Adventurer
I almost installed Wheelers superbumps on my 99 4runner, but instead went with Durobumps and am so glad I did. I think the Durobumps are higher quality, better rubber, better engineered and most importantly (imo), the fronts are made with an angled bottom. That when compressed, makes full contact with frame member. In my research, there were quite a few complaints that the Wheelers Superbumps contact the frame at an angle, so only a small portion of the bump stops is taking the force of impact. And some guys noted premature failure due to this. I hope that makes sense.

I installed both front and rear, and have had them on for about 5k hard offroad miles and I am very happy with them. They far out perform the stock bump stops. Washboard roads are now tolerable...

Good luck with decision.

Durwin
Thanks for the input. I didn't read anything about the fronts of the Superbumps being made with an angled bottom and there was a problem with them failing prematurely. I just looked at Wheeler's website to look at them and they must have discontinued the fronts, because they are not on their website, anymore. At least for the 1st gen Tacoma. Maybe, that's why. I have been leaning on the Durobumps, since I came acrossed them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles