wheel choices for AT Chaser

BLU60

Good day all

I'm sure this comes up often but searching I did not find what I'm looking for so here goes. I'm close to ordering a Chaser and am doing the analysis on wheel and tire choices. The primary tow vehicle is a 2007 Land Cruiser with factory alloy 18" wheels with some Nitto Terra Graplers in 285 width tires (about 33" tall), I also have a 1996 LX450 with 33" tall tires, and the wife drives a stock Lexus LX570. The Chaser will have a spare tire carrier on it.

The question for you all is are there reasons to use an OEM Toyota 18" x 8" alloy at $436.73 each versus a Pro Comp 52 Rock Crawler 16"x8" steel wheel for $83 with the assumption that I'd put a 33" tall tire on either one? Thoughts or other ideas most welcome.

Many thanks for the responses.

jays0n

Adventurer
Match your wheels/tires and you only need to carry a single spare tire for both the tow rig and the trailer. That was the only reason I went that route, it was more expensive but worth it. Shop around and you can probably find matching wheels for your tow rig used at a good price.

BLU60

thanks, other than the ability to use the same spare on the trailer and tow rig are there any other reasons to match the wheels and tires?

cheers

WhiteH2O

Observer
Not really, other than aesthetics. Although, having a spare for either the trailer or the truck is all the reason I need.

kb7our

Explorer
Too bad you are not closer, I have four 18" LC wheels and tires sitting in the yard.

Agree pretty much with what has already been stated as I went through exactly the same process for my new Chaser several months ago. Ended up putting on matching rims and tires for stated reasons. Let me know if you have any Chaser questions as mine is brand new and I had a Horizon in 07.
Rim 15.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke