Wheel Balancing

jasonL_031

Adventurer
how do you guys balance your oversized tires?? i have tried the conventional lead on the wheels but i keep loosing the balance i am getting sick and tired of that lol. so what do you guys use??? thanks Jason.

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
how do you guys balance your oversized tires?? i have tried the conventional lead on the wheels but i keep loosing the balance i am getting sick and tired of that lol. so what do you guys use??? thanks Jason.

If you are loosing your balance so quickly maybe your tires are turning on the rim while air down. I had this problem while running a set of 37" swampers...drive to the trail everything perfect and air down. Finish run air up and ride was back was crazy. Marked tires placement on rim and yep tires turning was my problem. Also beat-on can get riped off while wheeling use only tape weights on the inside of the rim.

Pskhaat

2005 Expedition Trophy Champion
There was a recent thread, but put "beads"/brass BBs inside your tires.

jasonL_031

Adventurer
thanks for the input i tried the airsoft bbs i put about 12 oz of weight worth in each tire and so far it has helped alot.. only time will tell. i am running 35x12.5R17s on steel wheels. lets see if it helps

SunTzuNephew

Explorer
I get my 4x4's aligned and balanced at a shop that specializes in alignment/frame/balance work for big rigs. They high-speed balance the tires on the vehicle (which also dynamically balances the drive train), and have never lost a weight.

Of course, when I rotate the tires I need to get them rebalanced. It's worth it to me, the ride is sooo smooth.

78Bronco

Explorer
I'm running 6oz equal beads in each tire and they run good. No more stupid weights falling off or glue residue.:costumed-smiley-007

EXP-T100

Adventurer
I run 37" MTR with 10oz of copperhead BB's in each tires works great. i even ran DIY bead locks with 10oz and you would never know i was running bead locks, smooth at HWY speeds :smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne