What's your number one most useful cooking item?

RagnarD

Adventurer
I have three:

Webber Smokey Joe, Lodge Dutch Oven, and AeroPress.

i-QmPNBqQ-L.jpg

i-S8mGk3W-L.jpg

i-LJnj5PW-L.jpg

i-rHqPW2h-L.jpg

Just stumbled across this section. Good info here. I have been spending most time in the trailer section but the trailer is mostly used as a chuck wagon so I will be checking in here more.

motas

Adventurer
Jaffal iron! Last one cost me $12 (though it's pretty poorly built). The one before that I've had since before I can remember. Can cook bacon and egg sangas, baked beans, ham and cheese. Cook smaller bits of meat in it like steaks or lamb. And you just need something hot to cook on I've used it in fires, bury it with some coals and you can use it on the stove.

FJR Colorado

Explorer
Years ago I found a screaming deal on a Thermos travel mug that included a detachable drip cone for making coffee... perhaps the best ten bucks I ever spent... that thing has been making great coffee for about 20 years... keeps it nice & hot too...

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, this link has some good info:
http://theboatgalley.com/manual-drip-cone-coffee/

Honu

lost on the mainland
my IGT stuff

5_13_06.jpg

we even use it at home at times for Bday parties etc... just cover it up
igtbday.jpg

Last edited:

coop74

Old Camping Dude
this comes in pretty handy when we are staitionary for a few days and folds up to the size of a large suitcase.

GEDC0324.JPG

Mtn Mike

Observer
10 inch cast iron skillet. On the road we use it for everything including cooking on the stove top, as a baking stone, and a cookie sheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles