What's up with BFG mud terrain km2 availability?

daveh

Adventurer
Try calling ok4wd they can usually get the km2s pretty fast if they don't already have them in stock.

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Im still waiting for them to release the 295/75r16....
There are a lot of sizes that havent been released yet.... I think there is a release schedule somewhere on their website.

fireball

Explorer
They were planning to release that in the km2? I didn't know that. I know the AT2 has sizes that are coming out in a few weeks.

The sizes I posted above used to be available just a few weeks ago.

fireball

Explorer
Thanks for the links. Those both discuss the 255.85.16 but there seems to be something going on with a few other sizes as well...

doug720

Expedition Leader
BFG, like many other tire manufactures, makes tires in runs of particular sizes on a cycle. When new models are introduced, production problems or sometimes, unanticipated demand for a certain sizes occurs, they get behind.

In the summer of 2013, the same thing happened to BFG KA/AT's - They were not available in many popular sizes for months. I needed a new set of tires prior to our vacation, so I ended up with KM2's, which turned out OK for me as I reall6y like them.

You can call BFG in South Carolina and they will give you the scheduled manufacture date of the model and sizes you want, along with the anticipated supply chain schedule to get them to the dealers.

The BFG contact number is - 1-877-788-8899

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I just gotta set of BFG LT305/70rx17KM2s from AMAZON/w free shipping -

Im still waiting for them to release the 295/75r16....
There are a lot of sizes that havent been released yet.... I think there is a release schedule somewhere on their website.

:costumed-smiley-007:wings: JIMBO

SlinginIron

I know that BFG/Michelin are phasing out the 15” rim sized tires for sure, and maybe the 16” as well since the market has been reduced for these sizes since most of the newer vehicles are 17” and up. I have heard that other manufacturers are planning to do the same. If you are having difficulty finding some of the KM2 sizes, check with Costco. I got a decent price on some BFG ATs for my explorer last year, and I checked with them a week ago for some 33 and 35 12.5 X15 and they said they could order them, and have them in a week.

fireball

Explorer
So bad news, I just called Tirerack and BFG and looks like BFG has discontinued a number of tires and is way behind on the Ko2 release.

Km2 discontinued in 255/85/16, 33x10.5x15 and 285/75/17 according to BFG and tirerack.

Ko2, the new AT tire was supposed to be releasing a bunch of sizes and are way behind. 315/75/16 was promised in Nov 1, still at least 6 weeks out. Rumors to be making over 60 sizes in this tire, but no firm list of sizes or firm dates per the tirerack rep I spoke with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior