Whats next at EarthCruiser

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
EarthCruiser has built on - FUSO - Isuzu - Uni Mog - G Wagon and Iveco for customers in Australia, Canada , Mexico , Europe , South Africa, Asia the Middle East and of course the United States.
We would love to talk about a new E series, please bring us the completed 4x4 E series chassis , and we can talk about the rest. The hard yards have been done on the 4x4 conversion systems by those who are very well skilled on the E Series.

I am still keen on the Ford Transit, being so easy to drive and seems really good value for money to me. Has nothing like the Iveco off road ability of the EarthCruiser Iveco Jon put up ( the new Iveco has been dumbed down a fair bit BTW) triple diff locks and up to 24 forward gears is not every ones cup of tea.

XPCamper and UJOR took a swing at it awhile ago with this prototype. I always thought it looked a bit ungainly because they had to build the flatbed really high to get the clearance they needed over the cab.

If I were looking for someone to do the chassis portion of a project like this, it would be Chris Steuber @ UJOR.

c76ae4af286125c89398e446141229bd[1].jpg

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
XPCamper and UJOR took a swing at it awhile ago with this prototype. I always thought it looked a bit ungainly because they had to build the flatbed really high to get the clearance they needed over the cab.

If I were looking for someone to do the chassis portion of a project like this, it would be Chris Steuber @ UJOR.

View attachment 580775
There is a world of difference between trying to make a truck camper sorta kinda fit ( it never ever really works IMHO) Steps can be real pain, axle weights all over the show, wind noise etc etc.
Engineering something with experience is way more rewarding for the customer.
The E Series with just the tray ( Culturally I can say "tray" ) er flat bed does look great.
I think I saw it at SEMA one year?

Corgi_express

I just saw this thing posted on the EarthCruiser Instagram, and came here to see if anyone was discussing it. There are very few options using a cutaway van chassis in the US (the only one I can think of right now is the Sportsmobile Classic), and I think that is a shame. An Earthcruiser on a Transit with a Quigley 4x4 conversion seems like a perfect balance to me - better fuel economy and safety features than a Fuso, more space than a van conversion constrained by the dimensions of a van.

I want one!

Corgi_express

Almost a walk through to cab for the raised roof model ,
Well proven ladder chassis in a number of wheel bases, house sizes.

Could you say more about these two points? I have a camper van on a RAM Promaster extended chassis, which gives me about 12 feet of interior length (146") for a vehicle that is about 21 feet (250") overall A Sprinter 170" WB non-extended adds about a foot to that.

The payload and towing of the Earthcruiser EXD are amazing, but the tradeoff was that huge hood that used a lot of overall length for something other than living space. A Transit high-roof long wheel base with swiveling seats, walk-through, and an Earthcruiser house a bit larger than the EXD would be a camper van killer.

Also, how about a fixed roof ?

Last edited:

Railvan

Adventurer
"triple diff locks and up to 24 forward gears is not every ones cup of tea."

I do NOT understand what you are saying here?!?!? That's crazy talk! Lol... Seriously, what you have done with the new Fuso/EC platform with a gas V8 and HD auto trans, and HD transfer case, and US 8 lug axles, with lockers, is PERFECT for what I want. But I can't afford one. I have a Sportsmobile 4x4 van and the SMB 4x4 conversion has performed very well, the camper build is pretty good, the poptop is mostly good but a little flimsy, but the Ford 6.0 diesel has been a huge and expensive pain over the 14 years I have owned it. So my first thought on a EC based on a E350 cutaway is make sure the FORD parts are done right before you go any further.

The 4x4 Transit could be a good market for you: Earthcrusier quality and a lower cost final price than the Fuso package, and it could get you customers looking for a small 4x4 RV for winter driving safety more than "Expo" exploring.

Epps

G`day All
Trust all is well in your preferred location of forced hibernation.
We been thinking,
EarthCruiser V8? done and dusted
EarthCruiser Dual cab? done and dusted
EarthCruiser EXD ? done and dusted
Next ?
EarthCruiser ...... TX ? We are thinking Ford AWD Transit.

Sure the AWD is not a fire breathing monster, but it does have some very appealing qualities.
You can get them around the world.
Ford service is everywhere.
Not bad to drive.
You get allot of goodies for your money.
After market options to get them better set up for a little off roading is growing
Our systems work perfectly with chassis ( we planned it that way when working out the EXD)
Can happily charge our Master volt lithium batts,
Almost a walk through to cab for the raised roof model ,
Small nibble foot print that is not a converted van, it is purpose built complete vehicle.
Well proven ladder chassis in a number of wheel bases, house sizes.
We are no strangers to Iveco/Sprinter cab chassis or Transit platforms in other parts of the world.

AND best of all they come in WHITE!

View attachment 580105

View attachment 580106
View attachment 580107

View attachment 580108
View attachment 580110View attachment 580109

View attachment 580113
View attachment 580114

View attachment 580115

The one in the pic is a SWB about the same size a SWB Sprinter, does need the rear wheel put on straight......

Very best

Lance

Having owned a 2015 Transit diesel and 5 other Ford vans over the years I think it would make a great travel vehicle for the east coast. Yes, the E-350 could carry more weight, but the transit is far better to drive.

I have the following questions for Lance at EC:

What wheel base do you intend to use and which cabin? I think the EXD is to small.
You would need the 158" wheel base to get the larger fuel tank.
Would you use the cab or cutaway?
Will you keep the dual wheels?
Will you allow the vehicle to be raised or converted to 4X4 before you install the cabin or will you offer these services?
Why does the color have to be "White".... I like a red or blue cab

Epps

Last edited:

lanceatm

Founder and CEO of EarthCruiser
Having owned a 2015 Transit diesel and 5 other Ford vans over the years I think it would make a great travel vehicle for the east coast. Yes, the E-350 could carry more weight, but the transit is far better to drive.

I have the following questions for Lance at EC:

What wheel base do you intend to use and which cabin? I think the EXD is to small.
You would need the 158" wheel base to get the larger fuel tank.
Will you allow the vehicle to be raised or converted to 4X4 before you install the cabin or will you offer these services?

Epps

G`day Epps , thanks for the questions.

Our thoughts are -

Fair enough ,We are thinking offering two options, short and long wheel base. The house size on the LWB would be almost identical to what we have building on the Iveco and SWB FUSO/Isuzu for the last ten plus years. There would be a permanent dinette at the front for two that would be very comfortable. The pass through will add even more usable living space .

You would need the 158" wheel base to get the larger fuel tank. -
-Not sure what is possible ex factory yet - we are talking to Ford.

-Cab for EXD with lifting roof Cutaway for Fixed roof.

-No, no fun offroad. Personally I think it would be waste not to able to use the capability we build into our trucks, dual are great for load not so much fun to air down etc.

- First choice is stock AWD from Ford - no where near the off ability’s offered by up fitters out there but wins big time in the hassle factor no problem warranty and service contest.
If that is not going cut the mustard please bring the chassis to us after the modifications have been completed to your satisfaction and intended purpose. We can supply all the detailed information they will need in regard to what brackets go where and what it weighs . Restrictions apply for financing ,insurance, titling and DOT if a pre title vehicle is "changed" depending on what state etc. They can make life miserable when it comes time for reinsurance or sell the vehicle in time to come.
PLEASE talk to us first BEFORE purchasing the chassis from your preferred dealer or supplier.

Me too.

Thank you again

Corgi_express

So if one were to try to place an order roughly now-ish, what kind of delivery time would we be talking about? Are you even taking orders on these yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles