What's new at Coyote RV/Phoenix Pop up?

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Aero,
Thanks for Pointing folks to Custom Phoenix GOVE camper. And Thanks to Heimbig for sharing with everyone his great design...
Their Pictures are sooo much better than ours thank to his wonderful wife who is a Great Photographer!!

haven

Expedition Leader
Truckcamper.com features a Ford Raptor with Phoenix camper
http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/off-road-expeditions/ford-raptor-goes-further-with-phoenix

The truck belongs to Sam and Ashley Deen. The notes about the truck say the suspension is stock. Since the supercrew Raptor has a cargo capacity of 1050 lb (thanks to its custom long travel spring and shock package), I wonder if the truck is overweight when carrying the camper, two people and a load of supplies.

captkennysmith

InshoreNearshore
I had the same question. I have a Super Crew 4x4 short bed and wanted a slide in but the weight just never made sense. My truck has a payload of 1400. 400 is needed for me, my wife and dog...not to mention supplies. Add 900-1000lbs dry wgt. of camper and it easily surpasses the payload.

haven

Expedition Leader
Truckcamper.com has an article about the advantages of a pop-up truck camper to a family that used to tow a trailer. David and Jenney Kiel got 10 mpg towing a 22 foot trailer behind their Toyota Tundra crew cab pickup. That changed to 14 mpg at highway speeds with their Phoenix pop-up, a 40% improvement. The truck camper also is much easier to drive over unimproved Forest Service and BLM roads to scenic destinations.

http://www.truckcampermagazine.com/camper-lifestyle/city-slickers-toss-the-trailer

subterran

Adventurer
Do you know this camper?

Hello! I got this older popup not too long ago, and I believe it's one of your earlier models. It has some decals on it that say 'The Camper Company - Sales-Parts-Service 303-465-1151'

If you can positively identify it, I have a few questions about it:

1. What approximate year would this have been made?
2. Can the roof support a 50lb canoe, and how / where can I mount some sort of rack to it?
3. I would also like information about the inflatable cab to camper air dam.

The camper is in pretty good shape, really. The roof is straight and the canvas looks pretty good. I had to re-weatherproof the roof with some RV roof paint (around the edges) but it's watertight now.

Thanks for any info you can give!
ATC - Firestone.jpg
ATC - Firestone2.jpg
pop-up.JPG

Last edited:

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
I Missed Ya'll

Hello anyone who has been checking in on our thread. Sorry for the absence. I honestly thought that the posts from our web site blog were getting transferred over to this thread, and JUST found out that this is not true. So I am truly sorry not to have been updating!

Anyway, here is one of our latest stories:

In a month's time we had three campers make their way up north to our Canadian customers – three very very different campers all customized to each of their customers' specifications and trucks.

The first one that went out and headed up to BC was for a returning customer who upgraded from a Tacoma size PULSE to a Tundra PULSE SC with many special custom features:

Next camper to head up to Edmonton was this great mini PULSE + options on a 4 cyl. Tacoma:

The third camper heading also to BC is this full size Custom PULSE SC + options on a Ford F150 painted to match:

F 150 with Phoenix Pop UP PULSE by offroadcamperguy, on Flickr

What a great time we had designing these great campers with their new owners!! Enjoy!

Last edited:

cj454

Observer
I know this is an old topic but have you made one for the Chevy Avalanche? I have one of these trucks and would love to see a camper for it.
If so can you post some pictures etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier