What's my van worth: 2001 E350 powerstroke 7.3, quigley, extended, high roof 151K miles

susswein

Observer
I'm toying with the idea of selling my van and replacing it with an AWD 2020 ford transit. My van has served me well on trips from the arctic ocean to the guatemalan border, but I've only used 4 low once, and would like to trade off road ability for better street manners.

Here's a quick summary:

2001 Ford E350 extended body 7.3 liter powerstroke, with high roof topper (6'2" headroom inside) and quigley 4wd system. The chassis is basically stock, except for some rear spring helpers and bilstein shocks all around. Second owner, 151K miles.
It has a basic home made interior with fiberglass insulation, varnished wood wall panels, a backseat, bed platform, and cabinetry. Kitchen consists of a fixed propane tank on the chassis, propane stove/grill, Dometic 60 quart chest fridge, and ikea cabinets with a corian countertop. 200 watts of solar on the roof with 2 AGM house batteries and an MPPT controller.
Van is mechanically great, but the exterior shows souvenirs of past adventures: numerous scratches, and a couple of minor dents.

Looking forward to what the experts think.

Deshet

Adventurer
A lot depends on the part of the Country you are in and the quality of the conversion.
I assuming your van is a Quigley since you did not specify. 7.3 4x4 gets your $12,500-$20,000 on the depending on condition. Your conversion could put you over in the $25-30 range depending on quality.
Rust, dents, and dings drop the price quickly....if you are in the Northeast you may be lucky to get $8,000 with average rust. If you have a rust free 7.3 4x4 in good shape price is up to you and the buyer.

The one in the picture below set at $25,000 for a while for some odd reason. I have seen them listed at upwards of $40,000

Attachments

• 00g0g_9p1SRNswQ1T_600x450.jpg
    00g0g_9p1SRNswQ1T_600x450.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 28

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I think it's worth $1,000.00. If you agree, I'll buy it from you so you can get your transit. Win win.

grampswrx

Observer
The problem is- without pictures a useful response is basically impossible. A quigley 7.3 SMB can sell for $50k+. On the other hand, there are plenty of 7.3 quigleys that go for less than $20k with no interior build out. My opinion would be $20-$40k depending on the interior. That isn't particularly helpful, but without pictures, I can only guess at how the fit and finish of the interior is.

Also, it depends on how bad he wants to sell it. Lots of people ask for pricing advice, don't take it and then get frustrated that their van doesn't sell for what they think it's worth. The closer he prices to $20k the faster it will sell. The closer he is to $40k the longer it will take.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles