What's my 85 4Runner worth?

palcuz

Thinking of selling my 4Runner as I just don't have the motivation to do it right.

I've always used fluid film underneath the truck so it has a very good frame, motor runs well, trans/transfer work well.

It has all ole man emu suspension/older arb bumper with warn winch. Rims are aftermarket and got some significant rust but almost new (3k) 31" general tires.

The truck has developed lots of body holes and the usual fender rot.

All electrics are good, stereo, rear window, even AC works.

Has new front and rear brakes and handbrake works well was lubed.

Has later model seats that are worn, (drivers). Floors are good.

What's a good starting price? Any ideas? Truck is a great project as it's all there and not hacked. Just needs some TLC I cant give it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

palcuz

Some pics of the 85
27522d303f3fa3fd9b50cd35f1933ba9.jpg
2f6f183506ee6f0ab0bb0e2b22e2c2e0.jpg
686861e7a9dc67372e78a82104bfcabf.jpg

devero4

Adventurer
She ain't the prettiest, but that doesnt mean it isn't worth something to somebody. I'd bet there is someone out there that wouldn't back down from a backyard resto or a full crawler build. Start at 4500 and be firm. Not sure what the market is like in MA but down here people love these things

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
EFI + solid axle means it's always got value. That $4,500 is probably good. It would probably sell for that here in Colorado pretty easily, although our salt rot isn't quite as bad as back in the Northeast so rust will factor in.

bkg

Explorer
Here in TN, that’s a good ARB bumper attached to a rusty truck. It would get $1500-2500 here.

palcuz

Here in TN, that’s a good ARB bumper attached to a rusty truck. It would get $1500-2500 here.
You'd be amazed at how well the fluid film kept the underside from rotting which is really why I had to ask.

palcuz

EFI + solid axle means it's always got value. That $4,500 is probably good. It would probably sell for that here in Colorado pretty easily, although our salt rot isn't quite as bad as back in the Northeast so rust will factor in.
Thanks for the reply. It's funny I thought 3500 given all of the goodies and good frame/brakes. Plenty more good than that too....however it seems everybody wants a bargain. No bites at 3500 yet hundreds of views....I could not let it go for less than 2500...definitely a keeper woods vehicle.

palcuz

Was a Colorado truck which is why I was able to extend the life of the frame with the fluid film. I may have to learn to weld to get some form of tube frame.

palcuz

She ain't the prettiest, but that doesnt mean it isn't worth something to somebody. I'd bet there is someone out there that wouldn't back down from a backyard resto or a full crawler build. Start at 4500 and be firm. Not sure what the market is like in MA but down here people love these things
Spread the word. The truck will definitely make a drive to new home as long as the new owner keeps and eye on things. Brakes are brand new and the truck runs nice.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
around here WA/OR you would probably only get $1500-2000 for it with the rot. i picked one up for $1000 with 35" tires and a 94 drivetrain

bkg

Explorer
You'd be amazed at how well the fluid film kept the underside from rotting which is really why I had to ask.

I get it - and it's definitely relevant... but the body is rough. And it looks like there is body filler cracking in one of the pics... Some people will look at frame... most will not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior