What's a great fan for sleeping in warm weather in RTT or Camper?

67cj5

Man On a Mission
With the sirocco ii it is .34 amps at high speed. So three runs at 1 amp per hour. Pretty low but you have to consider all your power requirements
At 0.34Ah that's 8.16A in 24 hours, So at 8 hours a night it's only going to use 2.72Ah per night even a tiny solar panel could cope with that,

If a person got one of those small 10/12Ah sealed batteries and fitted it in the RTT and put a 10/20w Panel on the lid you could have an endless supply to power the fans, ??

svinyard

At 0.34Ah that's 8.16A in 24 hours, So at 8 hours a night it's only going to use 2.72Ah per night even a tiny solar panel could cope with that,

If a person got one of those small 10/12Ah sealed batteries and fitted it in the RTT and put a 10/20w Panel on the lid you could have an endless supply to power the fans, ??
I'll likely have a 160w solar panel connected a Goal Zero Yeti 1400 but having an additional small panel up top that could keep that small battery/fans going would be sweet and save some cable routing mess. Do you have a recommendation on the battery/solar system? I'm not familiar with this stuff but trying to come up to speed.

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I'll likely have a 160w solar panel connected a Goal Zero Yeti 1400 but having an additional small panel up top that could keep that small battery/fans going would be sweet and save some cable routing mess. Do you have a recommendation on the battery/solar system? I'm not familiar with this stuff but trying to come up to speed.
Well I would use one of these batteries which are 12Ah and buy a proper 20w panel with a cheap 10$ charge controller,

This battery measures about 7" X 3" by about 3.5" and they are used in emergency Exit Lighting and last for around 10 to 12 years,

This is the one I would be buying but they make smaller ones, You just have to do a search for them in the country where you are Ok (y) ,

PS, it will also run small LED lights as well,

EDIT, you could also cheat and plug the little battery in to the Yeti's 12v output so when the Yeti is charging the little battery would be charging too, Personally I would do what I said with it's own panel etc.

Last edited:

towee

I use this fan:

Not the fanciest but works well for me. Battery powered or 120v if you have it.

I use this one too great fan. I haven’t found a temp this won’t let me sleep in yet. No cords place ot right next to you or I hang it from some paracord in my tent kind of like a redneck ceiling fan. The big battery gives me 2 nights on low or 1 night on high. You can’t put it right next to you on high it moves some serious air. Stand alone with the batteries it’s an expensive option but I carry lots of other 18v tools.

Bigunit

Adventurer
This is what I've used in my RTT for the past 3 years of Arizona desert camping. Works great.
RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ Bucket Top Misting Fan Kit-PMF01K - The Home Depot

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior