What's a great fan for sleeping in warm weather in RTT or Camper?

svinyard

Often we camp in warmer weather, around 90-95 at times. We don't have any AC in camper or RTT etc. but will have a Goal Zero 1400. Are there some sweet fans that everyone likes? I'd want a couple that I can just point at us and the kids to keep a breeze blowing at night to help everyone get to sleep while it cools off.

4x4tripping

Adventurer
12v-ventilator-mit-akku.JPG

Mine is quite small, because the space inside of my Landcruiser is limited:

Something small with included battery: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0...ZTNJZ&linkId=e56e049d54e096dcc26a1cb5e8fcd0ea

A cheapie, and you can put it where you want - without cables..

biggoolies

Adventurer

We have been very impressed by our Sirocco.
We have three of these in ours. One at each window. Highly recommended. look around the internet though. You might find a better price. They are running 24/7

67cj5

Man On a Mission
I bought a couple of 12v fans they blow like crazy, 2 speed and you can make them oscillate, but the wind noise might be a little loud, apart from that they are brilliant,

svinyard

We have three of these in ours. One at each window. Highly recommended. look around the internet though. You might find a better price. They are running 24/7
If I only have the one 12v outlet, is there a way of wiring 2 or 3 of these fans to run off a single 12v?

67cj5

Man On a Mission
If I only have the one 12v outlet, is there a way of wiring 2 or 3 of these fans to run off a single 12v?
Buy a 3 in 1 Socket because these little fans only Draw around 0.2 to 0.3Ah so 3 fans would draw less than 1Ah, I have mine on test right now, Looks like a single G31 battery will run a single fan for around 11 days 24/7 OR 256.6 hours, So a couple of them should be Ok for a long while and the Amp Draw will not require any special wiring,

Hope that helps.

biggoolies

Adventurer
Although the fans are low amperage. At their highest speeds the amperage requirements add up. So check the specs on them. You would have to check your total requirements and recharging ability to see if you can run three of these. It would depend also how long you have to run them.

justjames

Similar to jgaz post, I have a DeWalt fan which is a 20V and uses batteries from my impact wrench and chainsaw. I can typically run it two nights on one charge which is done off the stock Toyota inverter as I drive.

biggoolies

Adventurer
With the sirocco ii it is .34 amps at high speed. So three runs at 1 amp per hour. Pretty low but you have to consider all your power requirements

67cj5

Man On a Mission
Although the fans are low amperage. At their highest speeds the amperage requirements add up. So check the specs on them. You would have to check your total requirements and recharging ability to see if you can run three of these. It would depend also how long you have to run them.
On Max power they use 0.32 to 0.36Ah and you don't want the ones I got on Hi because they would blow you off the roof,

On low they move things around as it is at over 6 feet away, So the Gross Amp Draw is minimal.

svinyard

On Max power they use 0.32 to 0.36Ah and you don't want the ones I got on Hi because they would blow you off the roof,

On low they move things around as it is at over 6 feet away, So the Gross Amp Draw is minimal.
Wow, impressive little fan! Do I have to mount them, as in, screw them down or is there another way to put them in place without them blowing away? I'm planning to use 2 or 3 in a small hardshell camper with decent side windows and a attached RTT (with inner access hatch). So I'll likely need to move them around a bit depending on if we are sleeping or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier