What will happen sooner... a Ford Gas vs Diesel dilema

plumber mike

Adventurer
The ten speed has already been done right. 5 on a stick and two in the rear would do it.

Can anyone tell me why my underhood sticker shows a 6.2 with a 5MT?
Where can I get one of those?
6E058222-D15F-4332-8CD5-F1F3CE02201C.jpeg

Explorerinil

Observer
Other than eat brakes, change shift points and line pressure, what else can it do?
Any use of braking modulation is going to accelerate pad wear beyond what I find reasonable.

The XL package is the only package that avoids computer controlled braking, making it the top of the line for me.

The 48 gallon tank is seriously long. I don't see it fitting a shorter chassis at all. The 7.3 is a thirsty one.
The 2017 xl f150 in my driveway has drive modes and abs braking, sounds computer controlled to me. Btw the brakes and drive modes work awesome!

plumber mike

Adventurer
The 2017 xl f150 in my driveway has drive modes and abs braking, sounds computer controlled to me. Btw the brakes and drive modes work awesome!
True. ABS is easy enough to be rid of should it be too intrusive.

Have you experienced "automatic emergency braking" yet ? I have on a Ram. It's next level. Too bad it can't differentiate a person from a tall piece of grass. For 2021 super duty, the XL package was the only one to not have that "feature". I assume it can be disabled as easily as ABS, but really didn't want to mess with it. We've had enough issues with parking sensors fooled by snow and ice that I just can't see it working properly long term for us.

I also don't understand the blind spot warning system when you have enough mirrors to eliminate the blind spot.

Technology is lost on this Luddite. Too bad it's not able to remember to go back to tow/haul mode every time. That WOULD be helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94