What to look for in a e350 superduty

kdj

Observer
Just looking for advice for specific things to look for on a 2007 e350 superduty diesel. It looks like it was a work truck, but has a high roof and lowish miles and price. Any advice taken. I've got a hooked on the idea of a camper van thanks to you guy's.

Thanks KDJ

Bbasso

Expedition Leader
Personally I would look the other way...
6.0PSD= no thanks.
A few people will say it's fine but more will agree with me.
If your looking for a diesel aim for a 7.3PSD, maybe older, maybe slower , maybe less hp but reliable and strong.

Petrolburner

Explorer
Consider the cost of the high top added later on. That's why I bought a super high top wheelchair van with tall rear doors already installed.

dcguillory

Adventurer
I added my high top after purchase, even though I love it, I wouldn't do it again. Definitely not worth the 10k

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
For the right price... I chose to buy an Ambulance with a 7.3 instead, because of their reputation for being indestructible.

Chris @ UJoint says 6.0s can be built to last.

mikracer

Adventurer
Chris @ UJoint says 6.0s can be built to last.

People are putting LOTS of money into them to make them "reliable". If you have deep pockets and know what the 6.0 needs to be made reliable, then go for it. If you don't have deep pockets, then you might want to do some more research on the 6.0's and see if you can do all the mods yourself so you at least save some money on labor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94