What to do with some extra cash?

Laxaholic

Adventurer
Need some advice. Have about 1500$ extra cash to spend on my '97 4Runner. It's stock, but a solid 9/10 condition. Mechanically sound.

I don't do offroad, often or really at all. I do use it to go snowboarding, kayaking, tow my sailboat up slick ramps, etc. It's great having something reliable, and paid for. I spend most of my time sailing offshore, my version of expedition stuff right now. I will head out west next season for some boarding. Just finished a 7,000 mile/45 day straight sail from Africa to Florida on Tuesday, with two people in total. Headed home tomorrow, and looking forward for a drive in the 'Yota. :smiley_drive:

"Henry"
1997 4runner.
White
215,000mi
2.7litre
5spd
4x4
The tires are swell, clutch is great, suspension components and bushings are relatively new, etc.

No, I won't be sending anyone any money. :coffee: I know that'll come up. Also, I've put away some in savings, this is just something I've decided I want to do.

Thought about an ARB bumper, or something with a trailer hitch up front for my little sailboat at home.
Rooftop tent?
Scangauge?
Second battery?

I haven't been around to catch up on all the cool new gadgets and things to do with them, so any advice would be great.

My other ride, my job, is a 100'/89 ton performance sailing yacht.

Last edited:

BentBomber

www.bomberproducts.com
They're not too bad to install, and they do not come with a hitch, but I had one on one of my old bumpers on my old tacoma. Made it really nice for backing stuff up. I had mine welded on at a shop. As long as they do a decent job welding it you'll have no trouble.

RobertD

Engel Drawer fridge(SB30G) and custom drawer/sleeping platform built to the same height of the fridge to make sleeping platform. Group 31 battery upgrade(CBI battery cage). Folding mattress. Sun power flexible solar panel(eBay)

FJOE

Regular Dude
Bajarack and mounts for your kayaks. Spend the rest on a nice cooler and some beer.

tacollie

Glamper
I'm not sure if it's still this way but I'm pretty sure you have to cut off the factory bumper mount and weld on tabs to install an ARB on a 3rd green 4runner. The front of the frame is different than a Tacoma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior