What to do when you're bored in an empty airport

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
[video=vimeo;25065599]http://vimeo.com/25065599[/video]

Okay this video has no real educational value at all but I really enjoyed it. Larry Chen and Joe Ayala, two drifting photographers and videographers for Tandem of Die, recently were stuck overnight at the Dallas Fort-Worth Airport. Instead of trying to sleep on the fluorescent soaked vinyl benches, they decided to create a fun video of them playing around the empty airport while security was apparently asleep. Using a few Gopros, their Canon 5D Mark II DLSRs, and some really clever camera angles, Justin and Joe have made a video that is sure to go viral. Already there is a lot of debate going on about the lack of security in Dallas causing the DFW Airport having to issue the statement below. This isn't the first time something like this has happened but, I'm pretty sure things are soon going to change. Hopefully as photographers and videographer, you can appreciate the cinematography and clever camera angles.

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
I guess the Dallas Airport released a Press Release saying that security was watching them the entire time, but never felt they were in any harm to themselves or other people in the airport.

Pretty awesome that they could do that amount of filming in just one night and totally on the spot off the top of their heads! I'm gonna have to try that Escalator 360 :elkgrin:

98roamer

Explorer
I was impressed that all the filming was done by just the two of them. At first glance, I thought it was a crew of people. In the interview later, he mentioned that he felt bad about taking the beer but he promised that he washed the glass before putting it back.

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
I am reminded of a time, coming back from spring break with some buddies (back in the 80s, yeah I'm old), our flight got diverted to O'Hare because the Minneapolis airport was closed due to a snowstorm. We spent the night in the airport. We found a deserted terminal wing and amused ourselves similarly...we didn't have access to a beer tap though, that might've gotten interesting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94