What to do, what to do, restore the XJ or upgrade to a WJ or WJ

Bob Keyes

As most of you can see from my post on "Shipfitter syndrome" I can be very stupid when it comes to "Fixing Up" a vehicle I have rather than holding a funeral and starting over. What I have now is an 89 XJ PAID FOR with a good drive train and a straight rust free body, it does need things like front end work (V 8 ZJ tie rod conversion), power steering pump, new shocks, and a complete revamp of the fugly interior. Any Grand will require at least an OME HD spring kit and shocks to carry the power scooter that rides on my bumper frequently. It will also have a car payment (BOO HISS). So I am on the horns of a decision and they are becoming most uncomfortable

MrWesson

Adventurer
I love WJ's as an overall platform DD but I wouldn't take a car payment to get one..

You can find them for crazy cheap(I sold my 99' V8 quadradrive for 1,200 due to rust issues).. I'd think with a budget of 2k you'd be able to find a Laredo 4x4 V8 with under 200k miles.

If that's not an option then keep the XJ.. Duh.

Mitch502

Explorer
If you need more interior room, WJ for cheap...but I wouldn't get a car payment over a WJ...Otherwise the XJ is tried, true, and proven to be versatile and fit any need. With all the aftermarket support, XJ is about as cheap as it gets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles