What spare parts do you carry for your 2nd gen Isuzu Trooper

joens

i am trying to refine the assortment of spare parts I carry for the Isuzu Troopers I have. Any of you that have Troopers what do you carry for spare parts?

leeleatherwood

Tie rods (specifically the adjuster) are the weak part on Isuzu's, luckily they are cheap as dirt and take up almost no room.

akroper

akroper

i am trying to refine the assortment of spare parts I carry for the Isuzu Troopers I have. Any of you that have Troopers what do you carry for spare parts?
If you are starting with a vehicle that is good shape with up-to-date maintenance, you likely won't need many spare parts. I carry few parts and more "supplies." What I carry depends on how far I might have to walk if my off road adventures go awry. For trips I don't want to or can't walk to "civilization," I carry all the typical fluids (transmission fluid, brake fluid, motor oil, coolant,) belts, and hoses, including lengths of heater hose and vacuum line. Zip ties, electrical tape, electrical connectors, alligator clips, fuses, duct tape, a roll of that tape used to temporarily seal up radiator hoses, a few feet of 16 gauge wire. A can of fix-a-flat and a good tire repair kit. I always have a bar of fels-naptha soap and a tube of Seal-All. Twice, I have repaired holes in a gas tank, and once patched a timing chain cover on a 350 Chevy with soap and Seal-All. A couple of extra lug nuts. I replaced the front axle drive flanges on my Trooper with Superwinch selectable hubs, and I carry the flanges for emergency repairs. I do the same with other parts I have replaced such as ball joints, brake pads, u-joints if the parts are capable of getting me home. And of course tools. But that is a different discussion.
And NEVER forget toilet paper.

SRN

Adventurer
I don't carry a ton of spare parts. As someone mentioned, upgrading the tie rod's is a good idea. You can see my write up on that here .
Oil, coolant, tools. As long as a Trooper is in good maintenance, it'll get you wherever you need to go without many issues. They're every bit as tough as a Land Cruiser.

leeleatherwood

Spare motor that doesn't burn oil like it was gasoline

Lol, yeah.

I'm assuming you are talking about the Isuzu 3.2. Yeah they go through oil but at least they are stupid reliable.

I just used conventional oil and changed the oil every few months. By the time it was a quart low it was time for an oil change anyways, and conventional is dirt cheap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online