What size tires / recommendations for E250, 2WD stock height?

Bobfab

Observer
Hey there Expo! I am about to buy a 2009 E250 to start the vanlife process... and it needs new tires immediately. I don't intend on lifting it (at least for a long time), but want to get a tire that would be more apt to limited offroad, dirt and sand driving which it will inevitably encounter. I debated getting aftermarket wheels, blah blah blah but in the interest of time, it will be on the 16" stockers. Stock size is 245-75-16... Can i fit something larger without fuss 265-75-16?

Also tirerack has a good deal on kumho road ventures. I also like general grabber AT's and others...

Thoughts and reccomendations folks? Cheers in advance!

shenrie

^^^ hates cars
Not 100%, but pretty sure the answer is 265/75r16, but you should do a search as this topic has been covered extensively.

Keep in mind that there is no industry standard to sizing tires. One brands tire of the same size can be different in every aspect including treadwear.

Best to find a place willing to do a test fit for you. Most places grubbing for your dollars are willing to do this. Don’t forget to get a matching spare. Junk spares do you no favors in bfe.

Bobfab

Observer
Thanks for the insight, FYI 265-75-16 fit just fine and i bought the van. Build thread coming soon :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior