What shocks will fit my FG437?

ajamesr

I am getting my injector pump rebuilt and I figured that while I wait, I should replace the shocks; it still has the original ones from 1993.

The ones on the front have a part number of MB294429 and the rear ones say MB161742

I have been searching the internet all evening with no luck, I've found some that MAY work, but I can't verify for sure.

I really don't care about brand or price, I just want something that will ship to the US within 2 weeks. Eventually I am going to get a lift and custom everything, so I don't need them to last forever, just for now.

Thanks in advance.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Try Tom's Truck Parts. They'll probably want to your VIN number but my experience with them has been that they ship promptly. Unless you have a Fuso dealer local to you.

ajamesr

Try Tom's Truck Parts. They'll probably want to your VIN number but my experience with them has been that they ship promptly. Unless you have a Fuso dealer local to you.
My Fuso is imported, so it doesn't have am American vin number, so Tom's is unwilling to help me.

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
As much as understand why they do it, I must admit to being annoyed by the dealerships always asking for my VIN any time I ask about a part.
I hate the concept of data mining and giving over more personal information than actually required, so I personally use a VIN other than my truck's whenever I do a parts inquiry. That's worked for me for years.

Borrow a US vin?
I agree with Kerry...
Suspension parts have changed very little over the years.
Locate a valid VIN number from a US truck around the same year and you should be fine.

BigSkyBrad

I just compared the extended and compressed lengths, and attachment arrangement, with as many shocks as I could find.

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
Reach out to Rebel Off-Road down in Laguna and see how they outfitted their Rebelzilla truck. There’s a whole thread here somewhere.

Zuber

If you dig into Rancho Shocks website you'll find a chart of shock lengths and end configs. There's even a shock chart for custom builds. Just measure up your shocks and find the matching one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles