What kind of problems have you had with your Fuso?

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
On my truck, that at the time only had 4000 km on it, I noticed excessive movement in the gate selector arm that comes out of the top of the gearbox.
I raised this with my local Fuso dealer, who contacted Fuso headquarters. The resonse I got was that it was not covered, as it was a "wear and tear" item. I obviously pointed out that the truck had only done 4000 km, but that did not seem to matter.
Given that I knew that this movement would only get worse than it was I decided to fix the problem myself. Upon disassembly I determined that this was a design flaw, which definitely did not impress me. I ended up replacing the OEM bush with one that I custom made.
All I can say is that there was a noticeable improvement in going from 4th to 3rd after I replaced the bush.
I documented this modification, along with how I replaced the OEM gearbox and transfer case breathers, on my website. If you are interested, you can read about it here.

gait

Explorer
4th to 3rd is even worse if the linkages are worn or have too much play.

200,000 km something is worn, not as bad as some I drove. Something in gate, springs, or linkages. Bad enough to notice, not bad enough to bring it up the todo list.

Pkabuki

Hi.
I'm new to this forum and urgently need some assistance. I have a Fuso FH 168K model that has the oil gauge indicator not working. I replaced it but nil. I wonder- where is the oil gauge sender located??
Thanks.

PKDreamers

Adventurer
What engine ???
The pressure switch is normally near the oil filter housing on most engines.
The oil level sensor is normally in the side of the sump on most engines.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
The only real issues I have experienced with my 2007 is synchro wear and a bad locking hub. The hub was an easy R&R, and I've got used to double-clutching through the gears so haven't bothered to fix that.

kerry

Expedition Leader
Anyone have any idea why the synchros fail so often? I drove out with bad synchros for quite a while before having the transmission rebuilt and a new clutch installed.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Anyone have any idea why the synchros fail so often? I drove out with bad synchros for quite a while before having the transmission rebuilt and a new clutch installed.
I don't know the mechanism, only that it is considered a very common wear item on the Mitsubishis. Part of the reason I don't repair mine is the high likelihood of it reoccurring. Better to just learn how to drive with it, IMHO.

westyss

Explorer
My fourth gear synchro is toast too, last big trip it started to go and now it is toast!
Double clutching is fine when moving up the gears but when gearing down from fifth to fourth is the biggest problem and where I live shifting down occurs often. Giving a shot of throttle just prior to shifting helps but I find it is hit and miss, the throttle is pretty touchy and getting the right amount to align the gears happens irregularly so I am looking into getting the Tranny and components re and re’d before I grind the crap out of it and have to replace the gears!

Clutch seems fine still but that will be replaced along with the synchros and I have a small leak between the tranny and transfer case.
I think I will be taking the transmission out and take it to a good transmission place as I have no experience with the inside of transmissions.

145,000kms now and other items that have cropped up, one common issue is the factory suspension bushings, they last me about 1 year so aftermarket set up is required with greasable shackles with polyurethane bushes.

Temp gauge not very encouraging and my truck from the get go would have the coolant level low warning light flash on and off while driving, this was looked at by a dealer in Abbotsford where I used to live and they shrugged it off as too much work or just couldn’t find the issue, most likely a grounding issue, it seems to have gone away or maybe I just ignore it?.
Reminds me of my saying about warning devices, “just ignore it! All it wants is attention!”

kerry

Expedition Leader
These are the people who rebuilt mine. I can't remember where you are, but I was really happy with their work. They used to be a Fuso dealer but that's not mentioned on their website anymore. I think it cost around $3k including a new clutch. https://www.mountaintruck.com/

eustace71

Hi has any body had any experience with a death wobble I have a 2007 fg140 its been to numerous garages and our main dealer in winnipeg is as much use as a chocolate tea pot and nobody can find what is wrong with it had all king pins ,bearings, alignment,wheel balancing and new wheels and still nothing any help would be great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online