What is your opinion on the Yamaha 1200 Dual-Sport?

TheSweatyButcher

Adventurer
I have a super tenere thats farkled out for sale in Colorado. Its a great bike but I lack the skill to ride it off road. It seems like its either 100 lbs to heavy once it starts to lean or 3 inches to tall :) To replace this big bike I bought a 2000 KTM ADV R 640.

To me the Super Tenere is a long haul bike that is comfy and enjoys fire roads.

I'm going to post a for sale ad soon and I'll link it if you want.

00j0j_hNWGrHug8Kb_600x450.jpg

Edit long time lurker first time poster :)

RunninRubicon

Adventurer
Dual sport "Adventure bike" have won an increase of 5% in sales over the last year, for a reason. There are a number of very good examples of exemplified here. A dual-sport motorcycle well equipped, makes for comfortable travel to and from the trail as well as riding the trail. Let the reader be warned, these machines are usually in excess of 500lbs. Few posess the riding prowess to push the envelope with any modern liter size Dual Sport bike. All are very capable and hold a unique niche in the market. BMW's GS and GSA are the most numerous by sales in the market for "Large adventure bike." As mentioned earlier, forums like Adventure Rider or magazines like "Rider" are great venues to examine in your quest for better understanding of the sport. That said, the ability to carry your ultra-light camping gear + clothes + water + food, with a large gas tank to take the rider to and from a distant destination in comfort and still have the ability to run single track when you finally arrive, is indeed a modern miracle. Switchable ABS/Traction Control and electronic suspension. GPS/Satellite radio/phone all blue-toothed to your helmet. Removable large aluminum panniers are available on most all dual-sports. Right from your dealer or a gammet of after-market providers. Modern motorcycling is only getting better as well as expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier