What is this connector called?

bmzero

Observer
Anyone know how to find one of these connectors? I am looking to integrate it into a product I am building, so I need a good source for them, but I have no idea what they're called and have been unable to find them using the Google.

This particular one is used by Indel in their refrigerators, but I have seem the same plug on several other refrigerators.

IMG_20190110_115046.jpg

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
If it's anything like the Engel it may be a tough nut to crack. But to my eyes that appears to be a standard IEC plug, specifically the IEC-60320 C11 perhaps.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320

FWIW, the fridge side connector part number is maybe Dometic 33-01-MBC02. Just came across that to find an OE part number for the plug.

Last edited:

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
Try Fry's Electronics or whatever your local Radio Shack equivalent is. Radio Shack would have had a pile of them in a drawer. I miss them.

In So Cal, try OrVac/MarVac/DuVac Electronics in Fullerton. They keep changing their name, but they have a store in Monrovia and their main store (bigger selection) is around Fullerton.

If you are willing to buy the complete Indel B power cord with that connector, call Truck Fridge. They are the US importer for Indel B and I think they are in Kentucky or Tennessee. When I thought I had a bad cord, they had them in stock.

chand-o

I tried to find out what the connector was in the past and concluded it was a C11 type. However tracking then down is difficult as the C11/C12 connectors are not longer used in IEC wiring (or some standard legislation). I suspect they are now made by one company that the fridge manufacturers purchase from.

You might be better off trying to do a deal with a manufacturer for a bulk buy.

john61ct

Adventurer
Yes, C11, outlet called C12, part of IEC 60320 standards, but those no longer listed in the standard.

C9/C10 very similar, without the polarity slot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles