What is the value for a 1998 Land Cruiser with 7,100 miles yes only 7,100 miles

mrcruiser17

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tony, new to this fourm. I am from California. Recently my father has been curious to find the value of his 1998 Land Cruiser UZJ V8 4.7L with 7,100

miles on the odometer maybe even sell the vehicle to potential buyers.

He bought it back in 1997 one of the first 5 vehicles to arrive in California at the time. I will post pictures soon. Pretty much for the last 20 years it has been a garage

queen.

lcgeek

Observer
Hello Everyone,

My name is Tony, new to this fourm. I am from California. Recently my father has been curious to find the value of his 1998 Land Cruiser UZJ V8 4.7L with 7,100

miles on the odometer maybe even sell the vehicle to potential buyers.

He bought it back in 1997 one of the first 5 vehicles to arrive in California at the time. I will post pictures soon. Pretty much for the last 20 years it has been a garage

queen.

$7100

onemanarmy

Explorer

ha.

to understand the value of a car....look at other classified ads (cars.com, autotrader, craigslist, etc) for similar vehicles.

Some people get hung up on low mileage, but vehicles sitting idle for long periods of time isn't very good.

If he wants to sell, put a high price on it. Then slowly lower it. When it sells, then you'll know what the value is.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Exactly. Low miles is fine, but if he drove those 7,100 miles in 1998 and then it has sat for 19 years, I'll keep my 200,000 mile truck. That said, if he drove it 50 miles a month every month of its life and it's now at 7,100 total miles, that would be something to look at. Things go bad when cars sit for long periods. Just starting it up for a few minutes in the garage isn't enough. They need to be driven fairly regularly to keep all the seals and bearings etc etc lubed and moving.

If I'm being perfectly honest, I'd love a brand new 100 series. Give us some more info on how it has been maintained and some pics and maybe we can help a bit more?

mrcruiser17

I checked all similar vehicles and all 98 models up to 07 are above 100,000 miles ranging from $6,000 to $16,000 98 models above 200,000 miles

that doesn't help me at all.

He drove it every several months to nearby places its been well maintained even looks brand new inside. Ill post some photos soon

p nut

butter
Rust-free from CA (I'm assuming), low mileage with a rear locker. Some cruiserhead will pay premium. If he's not in a hurry to move it, put it out there (here and ih8mud) for $25-30k and see what happens.

Upland80

Adventurer
It'd be worth more if it were a 97 ;) I wouldn't pay too much of a premium for a 100 series with absurdly low miles when a used and arguably superior 200 series can be had. There's really nothing all that special about a 100...just my opinion though.

MarcFJ60

Adventurer
I wouldn't pay any premium for those miles, and in fact, would probably consider it a negative. But that's me, and I are smart.

But here is the thing, those ultra low mileage rigs sell ultra high. Because some people think ultra low miles means ultra good condition. Put it on Ebay and I would bet it goes for well over $20K and might even hit $30K if the visual condition matches those low miles. Just because most people wouldn't pay a premium for it, doesn't mean there aren't a lot that would. Trust me, people will pay a premium.

Upland80

Adventurer
I would say somewhere in the 26K-32K is likely. Anything above 32 is just way too close to a well maintained 200.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz