What is the maximum tire diameter for 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk?

OverlandTrade

Hello,

I am planning on getting some bigger tires for my 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. I believe the max diameter I can fit is 32" without rubbing. Does anyone know the max diameter and width without modification?

The stock size has done fine wheeling but I am upgrading to Duratracs and figured I'd max out the size.

Thanks!
Kyle

gspfunk

Yup, max diameter is 32.1” w/o any modification. That’s a 275/65r18 or 255/70r18. Some experience a little rubbing, but it depends on the tire and the aggressiveness of the side tread/lugs.

I’m running Ridge Grapplers in 265/65r18 (31.6”) and nothing rubs; even in Entry/Exit mode.

brokenaxle

I know this is kinda an old thread. But, there are a few people out there running 265/70r-18 (32.6") with stock offset wheels that aren't having problems. There is a youtube vid of a couple guys wheeling with 265/70-18 ko2's without issue.

gspfunk

I know this is kinda an old thread. But, there are a few people out there running 265/70r-18 (32.6") with stock offset wheels that aren't having problems. There is a youtube vid of a couple guys wheeling with 265/70-18 ko2's without issue.
Are you sure they didn’t do the pinch weld mod and tie back the fender liners? I’ll go do some searching.