What is the best year for the 100 series Land Cruiser?

ekapel

A good source of info is the Slee Offroad site which give a summary of the differences for each year of LC and LX.

hayde89

It’s 20 years since the 100 came out, so ya things have changed a bit. Just because it’s acceptable to you doesn’t mean people are crazy for thinking 230 hp isn’t very much for a Land Cruiser, because it’s not.

Just super charge that ish! ;) Regear, and convert to part time. You can start burning out in your 3000 pound beast.

MTSN

Explorer
Just super charge that ish! ;) Regear, and convert to part time. You can start burning out in your 3000 pound beast.

I don’t have a dog in this fight. I haven’t had a 100 in 5 years - we have 2 200s now that are plenty powerful. I was simply stating that 230 hp for a nearly 3 ton SUV is underpowered by modern standards, but that apparently makes me a “nitro burning funny car driver of America” :rolleyes:.

unsung

In terms of "best" I'd probably say an 06-07 without AHC, but those are unicorns. The Vvti would be nice, but the original 4.7 is totally trustworthy. Otherwise a 03-05, as you get the goodies like 5 speed, backup camera etc. The ATRAC is actually very good at what it does, with the exception of a few types of situations. And you're not going SOA on any of these!!

I have an 07 without AHC and I am about to remove the NAV and go to non-NAV climate controls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior