What is an "Arsenal"

haven

Expedition Leader
"I own somewhere over 100 firearms, and well over 400,000 rounds of ammunition."

Made me think of this scene from the movie, "Tremors,"

Prepper Bert Glommer, addressing the bullet-riddled carcass of one of the monsters,
"Broke into the wrong God damn rec room, didn't ya you bastard!"

I love that movie - guilty pleasure for sure.

letgonow

An arsenal is where weapons are MADE, including firearms. Quite often, the donknownuthins' are misusing the word, when the correct term is armory, a place where weapons are stored & maintained. Like "National Guard Armory"; arsenal is from an arabic (and later Italian) word pertaining to the making of naval weapons.

Of course, recent explosions of misuse have been cited as proof of meaning; much like the word "literally" has now been regarded in meaning as figuratively.

zimm

Expedition Leader
The frog in the boiling water story applies here.
An arsenal? I own somewhere over 100 firearms, and well over 400,000 rounds of ammunition. Admittedly, yeah, I own an arsenal. Ain't never been in trouble, just retired after 24 years as a SWAT sniper. Imagine if I got a speeding ticket and the local newspaper found out? Call it what you want.

1. Frogs won't sit and boil. It's fake news wives tale.
2. I call it bragging.

Arclight

SAR guy
You have an arsenal if you own a facility for the making of weapons. If you have a locker or room with some guns in it, then you have an armory. If your facility includes a dedicated place to store ammunition, powder or pyrotechnics, that would be a magazine.

quickfarms

Adventurer
There's always a bigger weapon.

The key is to have a weapons system that is powerful enough to deal with any real or potential aggressors.

The other option is an arms race.

ArkansasDon

Observer
I've been a business owner in the firearm industry for almost 2 decades. I've experience ludicrous attempts on our 2nd Amendment (gun ownership) from the left leadership as of how a firearm is configured in appearance to its capacity of ammo it holds. These last 8 years from the prior administration was a tough one for my business as well as others like mine. I never knew from one moment to the next if my business would survive with all the attempts the left has used to remove certain firearms because of shooting & the blame of the gun. IMO the left is & are distortionist, anything that doesn't fit to their agenda or its direction is demonized & targeted for removal to outlandish false narratives that are far from the truth about certain weapon systems. The media now days is untrustworthy & I define them as propaganda machine that sends a bias message to swindle minds to its unsuspecting gullible viewers.
IMO the number of firearms owned, the types of firearms owned, or the amount of ammo in ones possession shouldn't be an issue at all. Liberals have this ideology that gun control or banning certain firearms will bring us closer to a humane society, LOL! but there’s little actual proof that gun regulation\control anywhere in the world doesn't support that theory. IMO to remove firearms from the public (lawful ownership) is a form of control to the masses of a far more objective as of restraint & subordination. I talk with many people all over this country that sends me their firearms & gun control is one topic that is frequently mention. The left is known for labeling the opposing side, their drama queens & melodramatic.

rnArmy

Adventurer
You have an arsenal if you own a facility for the making of weapons. If you have a locker or room with some guns in it, then you have an armory. If your facility includes a dedicated place to store ammunition, powder or pyrotechnics, that would be a magazine.

I learned something. Thanks!

I guess I own an armory and a magazine.

OCD Overland

Explorer
And if you have a dictionary, you have the means to look up both 'arsenal' and 'pedantic' and learn that nothing really has been learned here.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I've been a business owner in the firearm industry for almost 2 decades. I've experience ludicrous attempts on our 2nd Amendment (gun ownership) from the left leadership as of how a firearm is configured in appearance to its capacity of ammo it holds. These last 8 years from the prior administration was a tough one for my business as well as others like mine. I never knew from one moment to the next if my business would survive with all the attempts the left has used to remove certain firearms because of shooting & the blame of the gun. IMO the left is & are distortionist, anything that doesn't fit to their agenda or its direction is demonized & targeted for removal to outlandish false narratives that are far from the truth about certain weapon systems. The media now days is untrustworthy & I define them as propaganda machine that sends a bias message to swindle minds to its unsuspecting gullible viewers.
IMO the number of firearms owned, the types of firearms owned, or the amount of ammo in ones possession shouldn't be an issue at all. Liberals have this ideology that gun control or banning certain firearms will bring us closer to a humane society, LOL! but there's little actual proof that gun regulation\control anywhere in the world doesn't support that theory. IMO to remove firearms from the public (lawful ownership) is a form of control to the masses of a far more objective as of restraint & subordination. I talk with many people all over this country that sends me their firearms & gun control is one topic that is frequently mention. The left is known for labeling the opposing side, their drama queens & melodramatic.

I am as conservative as they get, but I think your assessment is off. Gun shop owners/manufacturers should be sending thank-you cards to the left and Obama, he/they were the greatest thing for the gun industry as far as sales go.

brentbba

Explorer
Well said ArkansasDon and to plainjaneFJC's point I agree as well. I am extraordinarily conservative.

Funny poster up at my local range of the former POTUS the last 8 years thanking him for increasing their business at the range! I know the left leanings, especially in CA, pushed me over the edge to first even consider and then finally purchase my first handgun. I also now have my FIL's WW2 Colt M1911A1, mfg in 1943. It's still in great shape and a usable handgun. I suppose that makes my arsenal up to two now.

The run on AR-15's here in CA was amazing last December prior to them being labeled Assault Weapons an criminalized. Who's actually winning here. I expect a similar run on ammunition right before the registration for the purchase of ammunition goes into effect next year. Arsenals (however you define it) are being created BECAUSE of the left leaning laws being passed. You may want to call it hoarding too!

ArkansasDon

Observer
I am as conservative as they get, but I think your assessment is off. Gun shop owners/manufacturers should be sending thank-you cards to the left and Obama, he/they were the greatest thing for the gun industry as far as sales go.
my business isn't in sales, never was or will be. Its gunsmithing 01-07 & custom finishes. I seen many businesses (friends alike) like mine suffer under the Obama Administration for outlandish attempts to hinder us with his anti gun executive orders like DDTC & ITAR. Not counting customers who were nervous about firearms being shipped to me under Obama & his tyrant regime. I was doing work & custom finish on a complete AR platform for a guy from California (who shipped the weapon to me) but drove to pick it up after Obamas attempt on the AR & many other semi auto's on his hit list ban. California to Arkansas is well over 1,600 miles. He was that worried that his AR rifle would be seized in the mail, that's how worried some are. I assured him & many like him no way that could happen. The mental game this guy pulled upon the gun owners as well as non sales firearm businesses was grueling. Yes sale made out like pirates the mark up were horrendous as well as reloading supplies were at a all time scares. I am a reloader and was fit to be T'd about the cost these pirates were selling powder & brass for.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles