What is an '86 E350 Quigley conversion worth?

plh

Explorer
I've got my eye on an '86 E350 4x4 with a 6.9 diesel and 115K miles. Body looks to be in good condition, interior set-up like a passenger van. Ballpark - what is something like this worth? What should I look out for (besides being almost 30 years old).

DAV!D

Adventurer
6.9 diesels are pretty rare in a van. But a 4x4 86 van could be worth 2,500 or could be worth $20k.. There is no way of knowing with out seeing it's condition and what has been done to it.

plh

Explorer
Yea that is a broad range. Essentially stock, nice cloth interior - clean no rips, setup front 2 captians, center 2 captians, rear bench (fold out). Body straight and no rust, frame looks solid and was coated many years ago, new brakes, u-joints, ball joints. D60 front, D70 rear, C6. Pretty clean for 30 years old. Good tread A/T tires

plh

Explorer
So I guess my real question: is something like this worth $4k (asking price)?

spencyg

This Space For Rent
Without a doubt yes...$4k for a diesel 4x4 van with no rust and a clean interior sounds like a no brainer to me. I wouldn't consider selling my slightly modified '86 6.9L 4x4 van for anything less than $15k, and likely considerably more than that.

SG

DAV!D

Adventurer
So I guess my real question: is something like this worth $4k (asking price)?

Yes, if it's 4wd has a solid body and no major issues then it's well worth $4k assuming it not beat to hell. One thing to remember, these older vans flipped the odometer at 99k so if they are telling you it's low miles take that with a grain of salt and check everything out real well.

For what it's worth, I came very close to buying a 90 Ford 4x4 van which was in very good shape for $4,5k, last summer. It was a cargo though with no windows in the back. So 4k isn't bad if it's in good shape.

plh

Explorer
Looked at it after work today. One farmers "not rusty" is another mans "very rusty" and WTH is it with not cleaning out a vehicle that is for sale! Filthy and full of stuff, interior I'd say average at best and done up in that '80s blood red - not my favorite. Maybe $1K, way too much work than what I am interested in. Gotta admit, the frame looked good, but a candidate for a body swap I think.

http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/5107938743.html

DAV!D

Adventurer
Looked at it after work today. One farmers "not rusty" is another mans "very rusty" and WTH is it with not cleaning out a vehicle that is for sale! Filthy and full of stuff, interior I'd say average at best and done up in that '80s blood red - not my favorite. Maybe $1K, way too much work than what I am interested in. Gotta admit, the frame looked good, but a candidate for a body swap I think.

http://madison.craigslist.org/cto/5107938743.html

Haha isn't that the truth.. I looked at a Quigley one time for 2500.. I took the cash with me but he said it had a lil rust. Turned out the entire under carriage was completely rusted to the point I could poke holes in the frame.. It was a death trap waiting to happen. I'm pretty certain it was just the body keeping the frame from breaking in half, as it was that bad.

I passed on it due to already have a project underway but I saw it resurface on CL a few weeks later with some *** trying to flip it. He had obviously sanded and bondo'd the side skirts and painted them black.. Meanwhile he sure as hell hadn't fixed the frame..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94